• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello.......

Stephen

Just found this site and wanted to get in touch with others. Had my surgery 15th September 2016 and so far gone from 26 stone to just under 15 stone (last weigh in was beginning of April). Have some issues with aftercare from the hospital so seem to be going it alone. Has anyone else come across the strange case of eating then getting so lethargic that I can't keep my eyes open (brain is fine & hear everything around me) arms ache & flop and eyes & nose stream ? This happens EVERY time I eat, sometimes it hits so hard that my emotions are all over the place. I spoke to the "Nutritionist and the surgeon but they just laughed and allowed that they have not come across it, end of story.

Hello and welcome :)
I had that a few times early on, it tended to be when something hadn't sat right in my stomach and although dumping isn't exactly a thing with sleeves that's the only thing I can equate it too. I have chronic fatigue too and it's definitely a different feeling, I'd have an upset stomach, the foamies and then need to sleep it off.

Doesn't sound like the aftercare is fantastic if you ask a question and feel laughed at but it sounds like you've done incredibly well on your own.

Just found this site and wanted to get in touch with others. Had my surgery 15th September 2016 and so far gone from 26 stone to just under 15 stone (last weigh in was beginning of April). Have some issues with aftercare from the hospital so seem to be going it alone. Has anyone else come across the strange case of eating then getting so lethargic that I can't keep my eyes open (brain is fine & hear everything around me) arms ache & flop and eyes & nose stream ? This happens EVERY time I eat, sometimes it hits so hard that my emotions are all over the place. I spoke to the "Nutritionist and the surgeon but they just laughed and allowed that they have not come across it, end of story.
Hi Stephen

Welcome to the Forum.

We are at similar post op stages and weight losses. Well done. :)

Have you spoken to your GP about this, and have you had your glucose sugars and vits and minerals checked recently? Having had Type 2 diabetes pre-op I can identify some similarities.

Also are you having 3 monthly B12 injections? Some hospitals recommend this and some don't, but it is considered received wisdom now that all WLS patients should have them, not just bypassers.

You should be getting decent care from your team for 2 years, (I get in trouble for not using them as much as they would like, but I do get a lot of support from GP) so might be worth contacting your local PALS to get some support, or discussing it with your GP.

Thanks for that ...
I had bloods done as per requirements but they all seem fine so no problems there. I think I'm eating sufficient but as no groups around here & I don't use social media I don't have a norm to go by. I feel fine so I am fine is my attitude ... plenty of time to consider things as and if a test does come back with some ???'s.

Am in the middle of changing GP's at the moment but the Nurse Practitioner I used to see wondered if it was because they left the part of the stomach with some sort of nerve in it so that I would get the Full Up feeling ergo, with the limited space , it forces the body into shut down to stop me eating (?). Will now wait to meet the new GP in mid June then will carry on with Bloods on schedule in July.

Must admit though, I am looking forward to/dreading getting weighed as not done that for 2 months now and it does concern me a bit that the Surgeon did not think I would break the 15 stone barrier and my 36" waist trousers (not since I was at secondary school !!!) now fit me when they were tight at the beginning of April at last weigh in.

Hey FeeBee, I don't get the foamies too often so feel thankful for that but I jump straight to the Night Night's for 10 mins or so after a couple of small mouthfulls struggle awake and start again lol. I'm toying with the idea of videoing it so I have some sort of record, does that sound weird to anyone ?

Hey FeeBee, I don't get the foamies too often so feel thankful for that but I jump straight to the Night Night's for 10 mins or so after a couple of small mouthfulls struggle awake and start again lol. I'm toying with the idea of videoing it so I have some sort of record, does that sound weird to anyone ?

I think I am a bit weird. I so want to know what foamies are!

Lol, it's like when you take a large drink of cola, though have not had anything fizzy other than the disolving multi vits since the op (which I can't take anymore, even leaving in the fridge overnight to go flat), and you start burping froth ... not too bad in the grand scheme of things, just got to be careful how you relieve the trapped air.

Back