• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help, bad pain!

Thanks again everyone, I think you are all right, I may have to take some time off. I didnt expect to. but everytime I get up and walk about I do feel woosie, I tried it a few times yesterday and today but ended up having to go for a lie down. The reason I dont really want to take sick leave is because I havent told anyone about the surgery, Im not sure how my employer will feel about it. So i was trying to keep it secret. Would abdominal surgery on the sick note surfice? I know you can self certify, Im just worried because its something I chose for myself

Your health comes first though xxxxx Please reconsider going

Welcome biker!

Im nearly 7 days post op and not suffered at all. BUT at night when i have my dinner i get shoulder pain for about 15 minutes and it drives me mad - so i really feel sorry for you.
However, i take a tablet for indigestion, wind and heartburn called bisadol. Its fantastic and relieves me straight away. I got them from wilkinsons but you can get them anywhere. They taste similar to gavisgon.
Your still new out of surgery and unfortunately shoulder pain is very very common.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome biker!

Im nearly 7 days post op and not suffered at all. BUT at night when i have my dinner i get shoulder pain for about 15 minutes and it drives me mad - so i really feel sorry for you.
However, i take a tablet for indigestion, wind and heartburn called bisadol. Its fantastic and relieves me straight away. I got them from wilkinsons but you can get them anywhere. They taste similar to gavisgon.
Your still new out of surgery and unfortunately shoulder pain is very very common.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Hi Tam, Thanks very much for your advice, I will definitely go and get some bisodol. Pleased your doing fine, Its a strange predicament to be in hey. I have gone through so many emotions over the last week. from being incredibly excited, nervous, worried and even regret. But I'm pleased to say, after finding this site and hearing from all the lovely people here it really did give me a lift last night, just what I needed. I went to bed with 2 hot water bottles and a wheat bag and it really did help. Ive used them again this morning and Im feeling much better. I did take the advice I was kindly given last night and decided to stay at home. I guess I will face that when I get to it! lol I want to wish you and all the others here luck on your journeys. Your all incredible. I hope I can achieve what some of you have done. thanks again

although i had the bypass i had very bad trapped wind, i did find moving around or even laying on my side managed to slowly but surely get rid of some wind, i do hope you are feeling alot better soon. well done on your wls all the best barbara xx

Hi everyone, thank you all for your advice. I decided to take a few days off work and I feel much better now, i got some soluble paracetamol and got the trusty hot water bottles out of cupboard, one on the back of my shoulder and one at top of tum seems to really have helped with the pain and getting rid of the wind. I also got some bisodol, so all in all Im on the up, thanks again :)

wow bikerlady.. how are you feeling much better :) read lots of peoples threads and you will learn through their experiences, like i am doing. i am due my op in 2 weeks, so very nervous about all this pain. but it wont put me off good luck on your journey xx

BL u poor thing glad u r better though. wind pain is kicking in here as well. i cant lie down now! will try hot water bottles.

wow bikerlady.. how are you feeling much better :) read lots of peoples threads and you will learn through their experiences, like i am doing. i am due my op in 2 weeks, so very nervous about all this pain. but it wont put me off good luck on your journey xx
Hi Maura, Good on you for deciding to have the op, its never an easy decision.As I have already heard so many people say, what a difference a few days make', I really am so much better than I was earlier in the week. I have learnt a lot from the great people here, good advice and top tips. I did everything I was told to do by the hospital,but none of it really helped, but I found great relief in using hot water bottles on the areas of pain, which was between my shoulder blades and port area. I also got some soluble paracetamol (you have to wait until the fizz dies down!). The pain med given by the hospital was a childs med and didnt help much. I spoke to the pharmacist who recommended the paracetamol.
Also, dont do what I did, in thinking I would be ready for work after a few days, You may be, but at least pencil in a good week off work to allow you the time if you need it.
I really hope it goes well for you, I am sure a few days of discomfort is little payment for the years of happiness being slim will bring! :)

Hi Bikerlady, and welcome to the site. How are you feeling now? I hope things are settling down for you xx
Hi Sarah, I'm doing much better thanks. I was feeling pretty miserable earlier in the week, but each day has just got better. The only constant pain I have at the moment is where the port is, feels like I have something sharp sticking in my ribs and a lump where the port wound is, I am hoping this will settle over time. Your doing brilliantly, is that really over 3stone since your op? it really is amazing. Its quite exciting, its like waiting for the you of old to re-emerge after being lost for years!! I cant wait for the old me to turn up again, I'm gonna treat her really well, in fact, I'm going to spoil her rotten lol
I love all the colourful scales and symbols people use on here, ive no idea how you do that so I will have to play around. Again, thanks so much for your kind words, I hope we can continue speaking, you are an inspiration, like all the good people here :)

im suffering the same pain im 5 days post op from bypass hope it goes soon for you and me x
Hi Dylis, bless you, I know exactly how awful you must feel right now. Have you tried all the things people have recommended? The hot water bottles are brilliant and have eased the pain so much. I am now day 9 and I really started to feel better around day 6, I went back to work on day 7, felt fine first half of the day but deteriorated in the afternoon. yesterday was 100% better. So I know its no consolation right now but you will feel better with each day that comes. walking around is far comfier than sitting and helps with the wind pain. Let me know how you go, and good luck on your journey, exciting hey!! :)

bikerlady im 2 days post op and am a wreck as well.... cant wait to see how we are doing 6 months down the line!!

hi, yes, we shouldnt wish time on, but your right, i can wait to see how were doing in a few months time. on any other diet, i'd have said not much different lol how are you feeling, this is my tenth day and apart from being a bit uncomfortable around the port area I feel great. on the up as we go down lol :)

bit better today thanks. can u feel ur port? i had a single incison and was told port is just under but i cant feel anything!!!

bit better today thanks. can u feel ur port? i had a single incison and was told port is just under but i cant feel anything!!!
Hi again,how are you today? Im not sure if I can feel the port, there is definitely a lump there, I can even feel it under my top but im not sure if that just swelling, they told me it would be placed deep under the skin?

bikerlady said:
Hi again,how are you today? Im not sure if I can feel the port, there is definitely a lump there, I can even feel it under my top but im not sure if that just swelling, they told me it would be placed deep under the skin?

I can feel my port ( righthand side just under my scar) everyones had a feel of it lol x

Back