• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help...choosing a private hospital....anyone been Hospital group or Spire?

Trying to get funding together to go private. How do i decide what hospital to go with? all my local hospitals seem to have the same selection of surgeons. Hospital group Dolan Park and Spire Parkway (Solihull) are my nearest.

Anyone have any experience or advice on them or their doctors?

Hi. I went through Dolan park for my surgery. I was not happy with the fact that I had my band op at 4pm and at 6 am they were discharging me though I was in a lot of pain. Anyway that's just my experience. I know if your bmi is above 50 they book you at spires. Good luck in choosing.

6am?! Balls to that full stop pardon my French!

I went into spire in Southampton and I can't knock it at all .. Was treated with respect and kindness and even humour when it was needed . I would recommend without hesitation ..

I had a band with hospital group and conversion to sleeve with spire from my personal experience I'd say spire all the way the aftercare is ten times better although I didn't have any specific problems with the hospital group and if they are considerably cheaper maybe orth considering x

I would look at surgeon first, find one you are happy with and then look to see where they work in or out from, sometimes you can get a very different price for the same surgeon. When you know where they work out from, then look at specific hospitals and see where you feel comfortable. I had my band surgery in Spire Solihull and had no problems with the hospital or the surgeon himself. My MGB conversion I'm having done in Belgium

Back