• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food stuck update

Janeywanttoloosealot

:cry::cry::cry:Ok here we go decided to have the end of a pitta bread stuffed with melted cheese and onion for my dinner, which went down really well. About 30 mins later fell asleep for a couple of hours as went to bed late the night before. When woke up it feels like something is stuck and when i try to drink anything it just gurgels in my chest and i have to throw it up.

Any suggestions to shift it ?

UPDATE:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry :

Ok after a very miserable night spent sitting on the sofa bolt upright throwing up for england i have reached my low point. The first time in 8 weeks where i have cried my heart out because no matter what i did nothing made me feel anybetter. I am so sorry huns this is such a miserable thread i have now got to the point where i have no pain in my tum just discomfort but i am frightened to drink anything just incase it starts my off again and to think this was started off by a little bit off onion.

Hope everyone else is okay and even though normally everyday i follow my own advice except for today 'just keep smilling':):):)

:cry::cry::cry:Ok here we go decided to have the end of a pitta bread stuffed with melted cheese and onion for my dinner, which went down really well. About 30 mins later fell asleep for a couple of hours as went to bed late the night before. When woke up it feels like something is stuck and when i try to drink anything it just gurgels in my chest and i have to throw it up.

Any suggestions to shift it ?

UPDATE:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry :

Ok after a very miserable night spent sitting on the sofa bolt upright throwing up for england i have reached my low point. The first time in 8 weeks where i have cried my heart out because no matter what i did nothing made me feel anybetter. I am so sorry huns this is such a miserable thread i have now got to the point where i have no pain in my tum just discomfort but i am frightened to drink anything just incase it starts my off again and to think this was started off by a little bit off onion.

Hope everyone else is okay and even though normally everyday i follow my own advice except for today 'just keep smilling':):):)

Well just when i thought it cannot get any worse have tried drinking milk, water, sqaush cannot keep anything down. Have tried phoning anna twice and she is not their and georgina the dietician twice leaving messages but no one has come back to me. Not only do i feel sick but i am invisible aswell. Oh misery i do feel sorry for myself today.:break_diet:

Hi there, after all that up chucking, you are bound to be sore and swollen....but keep trying to get through by phone.

How long is it since you kept fluid down?

Hi there, after all that up chucking, you are bound to be sore and swollen....but keep trying to get through by phone.

How long is it since you kept fluid down?

Hi Caz, yesterday at 5.00 its not painfull just uncomfortable whenever i drink anything its like having trapped wind and it gurgles loudly in my chest and i have to throw it up haven,t even bothered trying to eat anything. janey

I hope you get some advice soon but in the mean time try sucking ice chips to keep hydrated or very cold water and sip it, like you did after the surgery.

I think you are suffering from swollen pouch and anything to heavy, even amounts of liquid are probably aggravating it.

Keep calling though.....hope you feel some relief soon

I hope you get some advice soon but in the mean time try sucking ice chips to keep hydrated or very cold water and sip it, like you did after the surgery.

I think you are suffering from swollen pouch and anything to heavy, even amounts of liquid are probably aggravating it.

Keep calling though.....hope you feel some relief soon

Thanks caz much appreciate your help.:):)

sounds like a complete block and the wretching will leave en extra sensitive pouch, sipping hot boiled water can possibly move the block as it softens what evers stuck and encourages it to move.
keep ringing them as this needs sorted, and dehydration isnt nice, try what i said it might work.

Hi Janey, so sorry you are having a horrible time. I'm only a new bander so have no advice. Liz and Caz know their stuff though. Hope you can get in touch with your dietician etc. Let us know how you go. x

Oh Janey poor you You must feel pretty miserable As the others say keep trying to get through cause you cannot go on like that great ideas from the others for keeping hydrated and also from liz re th hot water that should soften whats there if you can keep it down
Hope you can get through soon xx

sounds like a complete block and the wretching will leave en extra sensitive pouch, sipping hot boiled water can possibly move the block as it softens what evers stuck and encourages it to move.
keep ringing them as this needs sorted, and dehydration isnt nice, try what i said it might work.

Was going to say the same thing as Liz, when i over do it or eat something that sticks i sip a cup of coffee as i find the warm fluid helps to shift things along, it doesn't work with cold drinks, as i end up regurgitating, though to me this sounds like you've bruised something inside and fluid is aggrevating it !

Did you have a band or a bypass ? you might find that like me you cant tolerate bread, though at nearly 9 months post op i've started to gently re introduce bread again.

I think that if you haven't managed to keep any fluids down today then you need proper medical advice.

a & e can only help with bands if they have the correct huber needle for the type of port, or it will damage the port

Last edited:
Janey had a bypass, so A&E should be able to help.

Post op bypassers are more prone to dehydration, so it is rather important to get checked out.

ahh they will help her, sorry my mistake i thought she was a bander, my appoligies shel x

no need for apologies, I wasn't sure myself so went hunting through old threads lol.

no need for apologies, I wasn't sure myself so went hunting through old threads lol.

i just hope she gets sorted as either way dehydration isnt nice, wasnt a good experience for me and i had to spend a couple of days on a drip to get the fluids in me.

she hasnt posted for a while so hopefully shes at a&e now.

liz x

Hi everyone yes i am still here. I am taking small sips of water at the moment as often as i can. Tried again this afternoon to talk to anna and the dietician but no joy had to leave messages on there answer phones but still no joy. I am not in pain just discomfort haven't tried a hot drink yet might try in a minute. Thanks for all your posts i will give it untill tomorrow afternoon if still no joy will go to a@e. Lots of hugs to everyone Janey:wave_cry::wave_cry:

Oh Janey dont take any chances look after yourself do try the hot drink like Liz and silver surfer advised it has obviously worked for them and if you are still in discomfort you should really go to A&E and get some advice there Not nagging just dont want you going through another miserable night xx

Back