• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help Please

BeaBea

Hi again

For tea I had some Baxter's Deli Ham & Sweetcorn Soup. I prepared it as per dietician instructions and had about quarter to a third of a can.

With minutes of finishing it I had to run to the toilet. I became very dizzy, had nausea and felt unwell. It must have been dumping, but what on earth was in the soup to do this? Please don't say the sweetcorn, I'm at a loss to know now. It was delicious as well.

Hi Beth I was the same yesterday with tomato soup when i checked the label it was high in sugar see what your label says we should aim for less than 8% sugar per 100gram and 5% fat per 100gram.

I suspect it was loaded with sugar.You have to be so careful reading the labels pet.
Grace xxx

Poor you! Im so wary after surgery I read all the labels, its funny how some things have lots of sugar is and you wouldnt have thought it contained hardly any! Hope you feel better XX

Hi Beth... I am sorry... it's all a learning curve...

I am asking for a 'magnifying glass' for Christmas since since I cannot read the labels with any of my glasses!

It's so easily done isn't it... good luck Beth. Hope you feel better today...

Love and hugs xxx

Lol Bev, Im the same.....I take my glasses everywhere now and sometimes the writing is so small I cant even read it! :eek: Mr Magoo and Dotty.....one and the same ?? :D XX

Hi everyone, thanks for your support. Well up until about 1030hrs this morning I was okay. I've cut out orange, slimfast, build-up all suggested by the dieticians. So, I had original complan this morning made according to directions within minutes of finishing it only a quarter mind, I had a bit of cramp but not much. About 1030hrs, stomach cramp again, giddy feeling, rush to the toilet. Rang the dietician, we went over everything again in great detail but she couldn't suggest anything other than slow down even more. She suggested I ring the team. Bit fed up really never wanted to be a problem, so I'm contemplating doing that right now.

Hi Beth, never feel as though you are troubling them, they would prefer that it's all working the best that it can for you and guidance is necessary with anything new Angel...

Please keep us posted and take good care... with you and thinking of you as always xxx

Hi Sue, thanks for enquiring. Last week was a bit of a rough time with regards to runs etc and ? dumping. Consultant telephoned me in the end which was lovely of him and we decided the best thing to do was to keep going back to basics and it's been trial and error really. I am still on fluids to some extend but have now included things like ready brek and last night actually pureed some casserole I made for hubby albeit very a tiny portion and very runny it stayed down which really pleased me.

Sounds like things are looking up a bit for you Beth :D It can be a lot of trial and error.....Im still trying new things all the time and Im 10 weeks out. Sometimes foods are ok and other times not! Go figure :D We will get slim though so who cares ;) XX

Keep resting and keep warm Beth... it's early days and put your feet up when you can...

Thinking of you in every way.

Love and hugs Beth xxx

Those damn labels are a minefield!

Back