• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!! - Time off work

I'm great. Two months post op. Energy levels good and total weight loss is just shy of three stone. Best decision I ever made :)

Good luck

Can't wait to hear all about your journey. Stay with the forum it's great support for the days ahead ;-)

I had a bypass and took 2 weeks annual leave didn't want to tell work so just got on with it it was fine, mine was done laparoscopically obviously if you have an open operation then you clearly won't be able to drive for 6 weeks x

I had a bypass and took 2 weeks annual leave didn't want to tell work so just got on with it it was fine, mine was done laparoscopically obviously if you have an open operation then you clearly won't be able to drive for 6 weeks x

Thanks, did you find it ok at work after the 2 weeks and did you drive? I am really hoping that I can do this! How are you doing now? x

It was fine I was able to drive after 1 week, I'm now almost 1 year post op, lost just over 7 stone, bmi down from 41 to 20, have stayed within 3 lbs weight range for last 3 months, still can't eat much or certain foods without almighty dumping! Hasn't been an easy road but don't regret my decision, I'm literally half the person I was this time last year have more energy and feel well, have never needed any vitamins and have not been deficient in anything post op. So good luck on your journey it's not an easy one but a worthwhile one x

Back