• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help!!!!!

wencho

not sure if this is the right place for this thread????....anyways here goes....

im just wondering what amount you were told you "had" to lose before being considered for surgery and over what time scale?
ive not been told by anyone how much they suggest i lose during my 8 weight management course (this ends tomorrow so a little nervous incase i havent met the NICE standards? tried to google how many lbs/kg i should have lost to no avail).
ive also seen a nurse at the surgeons seminar and wasnt told how much at this app either? im just hoping ive lost enough by the time i hit those scales tomorrow at last WM!

I wasn't told to lose an amount of weight just to lose some or stay the same (i stayed the same for 18 months)
HTH

ahhhh so i dont actually need to lose....phewwww lol was scaring myself silly that maybe i hadnt done enough!!

I wasn't told I had to lose anything but, saying that, I didn't have to do the weight management course either. No mention of it tbh.

Only thing I had to do was pre op and surgeon said the aim of that wasnt to lose any, just shrink liver but obv losing is a bonus!!!

is it dif for dif parts of the country though?

i had to lose 5kg b4 i see the surgeon 27th july, i have lost more then that so fingers crossed i will not have 2 wait long for my op xxx

is it dif for dif parts of the country though?

It must be. There are quite a few things on here (wl management, endoscopy, sleep apnea tests etc) that others have had to have, and I had no mention of before surgery. Whether this is because I have had Xenicol and Reductil etc in the past I'm not sure but is a possibility!

The L and D ask you to lose 5% of your starting body weight in the 5 weeks of the milk diet. If you are unsuccesful, they will extend it for a further 4 weeks. I was given the impression (although I may be wrong) that if I didn't, then I was out of the program.

well ive completed my weight management side of it losing 6.2kg (1 stone) and also already acheived the 5% body weight loss so im hoping its enough to get me "through to the next round" so to spk lol

Back