• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here in Turnov!!!

Astraste

I am here and it is everything I expected after all of your info. No nasty surprises. Beds I think personally are quite comfy and I had a really good night sleep, although the other girls who are here with me didn't unfortunately.
I have had bloods taken at 6am, along with urine sample, and I have got to be honest, if you think the cylinders you get from our doctors at home are small, you wait until you see these ones!!! they are smaller than the cylinders used to take bloods I think lol.
I have had spirometer test, where I had to blow into a tube and on the screen is a bowling game and the faster you blew and the longest, the more pins you can knock down!
I also had an x ray. The woman wasn't very pleasant, but I think that was because she is just practical. Or it might be because she had a waiting room full of people and had to see us first lol
I advise not to wear button up pyjamas or tops or bras otherwise you will have to take them off.
I had a lot of forms to sign. Saw a different doctor who listened to my lungs and then pressed into my stomach to feel any abnormalities. All fine.
The next step is gastroscopy and ecg and then we can have a drink of water. It was nil by mouth from 12am last night so we are very thirsty.
You can't get the internet on arrival bt you can get it in the morning, it is each an individual code.
The driver who met us at the airport was lovely, very funny even though he did not speak a word of English, he actually drove us three into town after we had checked in so we could have a last meal.
The girls who I met here are absolutely lovely and have completely put my mind at rest about it all. I am not nervous about tomorrow I am calm which is good. I thought I would have no nails left!
The nurses are lovely, although expect to be woken early, the hospital is very warm even though there is snow outside. The room I am in is lovely, better than some hotels I've stayed in tbh. Any questions you want to ask just go ahead xx

Glad all is well and you had a good sleep! (I've never had one of those in an NHS hospital!). Best of luck for your op - tomorrow is it? Take care x x

Glad you've arrived safely and all is well :)

yay :) you girls finally on your way! .. I think the main thing thats worrying me is the gastroscopy if im honest .. please give me honest reviews of how you find it :) Oh and the enema haha ... oh joys xxxxxx

I am glad that you are finding it ok. I was really calm all the way through, even the day of operation when I expected nerves to kick in. I think I was just so ready for my surgery and it was the start of my new life. It's also good to be able to share your experience with others, there were 2 other girls there from germany when I was there plus I had my husband with me, so plenty of people to chat about the surgery with.

Good luck for the rest of the day and you will meet the lovely Dr H later too x

Brings back memories. Enema and enescope are ok. Ask for sedation they gave me it. I dont recall a thing! Give doc h a hug from me! Good luck hune. Its not as bad as you Think it will be. The worst thing is the thirst post op!

Enema? Ho..no...nooooooo! Ho my God, I expected them to give a strong laxative, not to stick something up my no-no...

Well I am here and fully wrapped. Feeling ok other than a bit of sickness, tiredness and heartburn. We have been sleeping most of the day. I am looking forward to going home on Friday!!!!!!!!!

Glad its all over and went well. Soon be feeling better and we have made room for you on the losers bench!!

Thanks guys! Mean a lot xx

Quic question, after having the wrap how long did it take for you to feel normal again?

I felt dreadful on the wednesday, very sick; better on the thursday but still some sickness; but much improved again on the friday when I travelled. I just sipped water all day friday when travelling as I didnt want to be sick. For the first week at home I suffered terribly from wind pain which felt like a brick in my chest and had several bouts of sickness, but then things started falling into place and the wind leasened and the sickliness went. I am now 3 weeks and 2 days post op and apart from a degree of tiredness feel great. Much better since I went on pureed. I feel the unpleasantness in those first few weeks is definately worth it.
I never actually had pain from operation sites.
Chin up and good luck you will soon start to love your wrap xxx

Back