• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from a newbie

Shrinking?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, also new to forums!

I am 7 days post gastric band op, novelty of liquid diet wearing off rapidly.

The op wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be. Slight hysterics in the anasthetic room and tried to run away, convinced I was going to die and leave my poor baby without a mummy!

I was under the care of the hospital group and can't fault anything so far.

Not on any pain killers at all now, was taking the odd nurofen at day 3 but not much.

Wounds healing well, bruises are beautiful!

The only discomfort i get is I think where my port tubey bit is attached to me, as when I move and use my tummy muscles it feels like stitches are pulling inside. It is directly in between my 2 middle stab wounds! Has anyone esle had this, as obvioulsy am convinced the surgeon has stiched me up wrong, or stiched me to me or something! Any advice???

hi congrats on your op !
it is perfectly normal for the port to feel that way as its a foreign body inside us, im 5 weeks post op and mines still a little uncomfy, it can take some times up to 6 weeks plus for it to settle down, dont worry the surgeon hasnt stitched you up wrong, its perfectly normal.
best wishes
liz x

im 4 wks post op and can feel min e too althought it only if i bend down or lean on something its really uncomfortable and congrats on having your band only be another week or two and your be eating normally again

Hi, havent had my op yet having it 3 weeks today at Dolan Park with Mr Sirgurdsson. Is that who and where you went? You will have to do a ticker so we can all watch your progress. Sorry cant help on port discomfort sure you're fine, I will be on here everyday after my op no doubt asking the most stupid questions. Did you have the afercare package?

Dee x

Hi. No I was at the Chelsfield Park Hospital in Kent - Mr El Hasani. I get the dietician follow ups and fills included, if that's the aftercare package, which I assume it is. I must admit I didn't shop around much, i went for the one I'd heard of so I was more confident. I think I might have set up a ticker, i've tried anyway! 12lbs down so far.
Are you on the pre-diet yet? I was a bit rubbish at that! Ended up doing the 7day milk & yoghurt diet instead. Good luck!

Yes that's the price. Awful seeing it written down!! Worth it in the long run though. That 12lbs is as of yesterday and from before the band. I don't know exactly what I weighed, may have been more or less I couldn't see the scales when I was at the hospital and I forgot to ask. Anyway I've been weighing myself everyday (VERY WRONG!) have stopped, BUT this loss is purely the liquid diet, not the band doing this. Mind you, I can't eat a whole bowl of soup, only about half whihc helps.

Also - I don't think i noticed I could just pay for the band and not the aftercare. Or maybe I just dismissed it. I wouldn't worry I'm sure you've made the right decision for you.

Hi im 12 days past band with Mr sigurdsdon, WGA,and i was on strong pain killers untill two days ago:(.

I still have port site pain feels like a pulling tugging sensation but mine iv identified is port pain as its just to the left of my belly button an inch down from my big scar ,so your normal

I also did the hysterics in anaesthetic room but that was before i was on operating theater being given it lol ,but worth it i think.I can only eat half a bowl of soup but can drink liquids quite quick now ,i go for my x ray on the 22nd and im looking forward to it

Good luck

Yes that's exactly the place! My first consultation with the dietician is 29 Oct. Glad you're off the pain killers now.
The worst bit for me was the trapped air! The actually surgery didn't really hurt unless I moved stupidly.
Deebol - no don't really feel that hungry. I 'eat' 3 times a day and I don't feel hungry inbetween. That doesn't stop me craving food, but hey, that's why I'm fat!!

Hi Shrinking, I'm a bypasser not a bander, but wanted to say welcome to Mini's :D

be carefull weighing yourself to often once i was 3wks post op my weight has stabalised im not loosing now as im waiting on first fill and my appitite is back to normal once the swelling restrictoin goes down it gets alot harder so i have now stopped weighing myself so i dont get disheartened once restrictoin back i know il be on a winner lol

hi
my pain was the same mainly wind and because the port is stitched to a muscle you can feel it pulling all the time when you move quickly or get up..
takecare
emma

Hi all, I am in to the 2nd week, i am so glad to have found this site, I had surgery with Mr Paul Super at the Hospital Group at Dolland Park but under the WGA offer.

I haven't had my 5 day post op call from a nurse yet, but am glad to hear about the discomfort with the port, I am experiencing the same.

The worse for me at the moment is constipation, and this then agrivates the port.

Cant wait for the longer term results!

Last edited:
Hi Trio :) Welcome to the boards here! The best thing for your constipation is [rant] benefibre. It regulates you whichever way you are so if you have a tspoon a day it should keep you sorted. [/rant].

Hello shrinking, hello trio, bypasser here not a bander but wanted to pop by and say a big minimins heellloooo!!!!! :D

My friend chezza has had band fitted three or so weeks ago and I can feel it under her skin and she has grumpy pains near the port but Im sure she can describe it better than me!!

Back