• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MR SLEEVE & MRS BYPASS - UPDATE

Weekly weigh in!

Forgive me people for I have sinned!! I have maintained again this week after finding my old snacking habits coming back to haunt me! Crisps and cheese have been over indulged over the last two weeks really and reality has caught up with my weigh in.

Can't believe that the old demons have crept back in to my life! The thing is, this is why I generally fail on diets because as soon as I feel better about myself and lose a few stone I gone on a self destruct path and snack the weight back on! Good thing is I can only manage small portions thankfully due to the sleeve just too much of the wrong foods.

Have realised in time before too much damage is done but take it as a warning folks its not guaranteed weightloss like they say you still have to work hard on what you eat.
Janet has been the same but still managed to lose a pound.

We are both back to basics this week and luckily we are at the hospital next week for a quarterly check up which has come at a good time. Our weight over the three months is still good but this last month has been poor. We have had several small breaks and loved the confidence we have found but need to reign in the treats!

We went to London Saturday just for the day to visit our son who lives and works down there, something we have promised him we would do for years. To experience Covent Garden and all the street markets down by the Thames was amazing. Something which we would never have done 6 months ago!

And we are going to the adult swim session at our local baths tonight at 8pm (I turned up in my leopard skin Speedo's with a corduroy gusset but apparently the word adult only means no kids!!).

Janet has even bought a few new clothes this week and looks great in them and has finally moved on from really baggy blouses (well some of the time).

Janet has been to her latest diabetic check up and her numbers are really good, they took her off her tablets early on after the op but say she will definately not need to gone back on any medication which is great news!

Getting back on track towards Christmas now and need to watch those snack cravings for sure!! If this would have been another diet I'm sure it would have been over till after Christmas so at least we can carry on without total failure!!

Your both doing great, we are all going to have to fight our past demons at some time, I can't get the image of you leopard skin and corduroy budgie smugglers out of my head lol x

The biggest thing is that you know what you are doing wrong. So now you just get on the (wagon) again. Tomorrow is a new day. Good luck and you both take care. P. S. Loose the swimming trunks. Lol

Weekly weigh in!

Back to basics worked for me this week dropped 8lb!! Janet lost another pound (steady Eddie as she is now known!!).

We attended Northern General Sheffield for our latest check up on Tuesday and they are really pleased with our progress since the operations (Janet 4 1/2 months post op and me 4 months).

Just good to talk over daily diets etc with the dietician and get a few tips on foodstuffs.

Since our heaviset, before we started this process, I have lost 6st 8lb and Janet has lost 4st 11lb!!!

Clothes fit better and we are getting more active and outgoing as the days roll by. The thing you can't measure is how much your confidence improves with the weight coming off!

Going to keep up with the basics till Christmas and try and lose a bit more weight!

Well done that is soo amazing. Imglad ur doing so well together. Best wishesxxx

Well done to the two of you. You're both amazing :) xxi

Weekly weigh in!

Janet has lost another pound and a half and is only 1 pound off 5 stone! Finally convinced her to buy some new clothes, nothing too outrageous for now but some nice leggings and a couple of tops which really suit her and her slimmer figure. Bit of a negative now though is her hair has thinned out quite a bit and is getting noticeable at the front, hope its not permanent though. Her confidence is definitely improving which is amazing.

I lost two pounds this week and am now up to 6st 10lbs from my heaviest. I bought a new belt because I ran out of holes to tighten up into!! I had read about those under armour vest to hold the wobbling belly in place and ordered one off flea bay (as I call it!) trouble is I ordered 2xl and its too big!! Bloody hell that hasn't happened for a long time!!

We are trying to eat a bit more fruit as well and extra protein instead of a couple of crackers with low fat cheese on which was becoming a habit especially at night (the worst time of the day as ever!).

The gales came today and nearly blew over the garden fence I went out to secure it and guess what! I wasn't breathing through my ar*e and managed to make a temporary repair in very blustery conditions, this time last year I would have had to watch it blow away!

Mind you with how baggy my fleece has gone now its lucky I didn't end up flying over Sheffield!!

I looked over the next door neighbours fence and thought his Jack Russell had blown inside out! But it was an old marigold on the grass!!

Hahaha your posts always have me in stitches :D
Congrats on both weight losses and tell Janet not to worry and that her hair will thicken back up again. The thinning happens to most of us :(.
Glad you survived the wind. I said to hubby this morning I wonder how many trampolines found new homes yesterday :p
Keep the updates coming. Love em x

What a great read,funny but truthful and honest thoughts. Well done to you both, amazing weight loss so far. Keep on updating please x

Weekly weigh in!

Janet has lost another pound and I have dropped another two!

We have been eating more fruit this week which has helped.

The trouble is now though with the run up to Christmas the temptation for chocolate is everywhere! I have to make a real effort not to sneak a chocolate off the tree (which are for our grandson!) Although our son and daughter are 28 and 25 and still demand we have them for when they come round!

With going out and about more now I have bumped into people who I have not seen for several years, trouble is I am expecting them to notice my weightloss and they do not! You see I have stayed inside for that many years and got bigger and bigger, but they only saw me at the weight I have got down too now so they think I haven't changed! Funny though as I am stood there like a demented catalogue model posing and they are just talking away, lol.

Actually looking forward to Christmas this year and our daughter is expecting another baby in June!!

The future looks amazing!!

Weekly weigh in!

I have lost 2lbs this week which takes me to 21st (haven't been that weight for a long long time!) Janet has lost 1.5 lb this week.

There is no way we would have been this weight prior to Christmas with just dieting, normally we have a crash diet prior to Christmas and that fails because it is too strict. Then we think "well we might as well start in the new year!" so we eat like mad during xmas and into new year.

Then instead of dieting we would say "well its a shame to waste all this food left over from xmas!" so we eat rubbish for a few more weeks.

Then panic as spring approaches and we say "we don't want to be fat again this summer!" so we crash diet and try to do exercise but can't cope with the sudden drastic changes. Summer arrives and because we feel so crap we eat through summer and avoid going out anywhere.

Then Autumn arrives and we are glad so we can start covering up with big jumpers and coats again! and then its nearly xmas again................... and so it continued for years!

Well thank heaven for this surgery as it has helped us break the cycle!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Your thread has made me laugh. Please don`t stop posting. It`s great to read the journey you are both doing. Hope mine is as smooth. Can`t wait to read more. Keep smiling and posting.

Weekly weigh in! I have lost 2lbs this week which takes me to 21st (haven't been that weight for a long long time!) Janet has lost 1.5 lb this week. There is no way we would have been this weight prior to Christmas with just dieting, normally we have a crash diet prior to Christmas and that fails because it is too strict. Then we think "well we might as well start in the new year!" so we eat like mad during xmas and into new year. Then instead of dieting we would say "well its a shame to waste all this food left over from xmas!" so we eat rubbish for a few more weeks. Then panic as spring approaches and we say "we don't want to be fat again this summer!" so we crash diet and try to do exercise but can't cope with the sudden drastic changes. Summer arrives and because we feel so crap we eat through summer and avoid going out anywhere. Then Autumn arrives and we are glad so we can start covering up with big jumpers and coats again! and then its nearly xmas again................... and so it continued for years! Well thank heaven for this surgery as it has helped us break the cycle!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Thanks for this. It makes me realise I wasn't alone. :)

You are both doing so well - well done! :)

Well done both of you. Great read n following you helps to know what I'm up for very soon :) had a band previously but the by pass or sleeve is different. Keep going !

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well where do I start recapping the festive period?

Firstly Janet and myself have both recorded a loss of 3lbs each!! I cannot recall ever in our adult lives losing weight over xmas and new year!!

Don't get me wrong we had plenty of nice treats and did not feel left out of any feasts etc with family gatherings we attended. Purely portion sizes and snacking were limited with the surgery. Janet eats quicker than me (and occasionally gets to see her meals again for the privilege!) and I would say she can manage slightly bigger portions but I can eat a more varied menu without any problems.

We both had chocolate on several occasions but again it was limited due to the surgery or else it would have been devoured! On an evening I did replace my yoghurt with a mince pie!

But then new year came and went and we dropped back into the regime and yesterday weighed in to fantastic weight loss!

It was nice to feel comfy and confident enough to go to family get togethers as well. We are not proud to say it but we have avoided going to festivities purely due to our size!

Plenty of nice comments from family which is nice (they all know about the surgeries and are all fascinated with what we eat which is hilarious to watch their faces when you explain our daily routine.)

Any way that all said it was a great xmas and new year the first in a long time that we have actually enjoyed this time of year.

Now for even more news in 2014! This year has set off amazingly. I have been out of work for almost two years due to poor mobility and health issues mainly due to my weight. I have been for an interview today and got a driving job for a local car dealership! Absolutely made up (also went to Tesco's last night for a new shirt as all my old ones where too big and looked horrible!).

Also bought myself a newish motorbike!! Nothing says a mid life crisis quite like a motorbike!! I sold my last one 12 months ago as I never used it due to pain and discomfort from being too big!

I am also seeing a new woman (Janet my wife for 28 years!!) as she loses weight and gets her old confidences back! She has always been beautiful but its good to see her old self returning on the inside too!

This has all been achieved due to the weight loss from having the surgery! Life changing says it all really!

This is just the start hopefully! Bring it on!!

Back