• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MR SLEEVE & MRS BYPASS - UPDATE

Weekly weigh in!

Janet has lost another 2 pound (in two weeks since last weigh in)

I have put a pound on!!!!

Well I know we had a few treats on hols but equally have both been more active with walking etc.

Every day though I have a slice of bread now which I was going to try and avoid, plus some of our meals are becoming boring and we need to introduce more variety.

Janet is coping better with eating slower and has hardly been sick of late.

Keep putting off exercise due to my back and knees but really could do with putting in some extra effort.

When we were going to Slimming world if someone had an unexpected gain they said it was their star week! And everyone sympathised with them!

Think it must be my star week!

Shows that you still have to work at this eating malarkey to keep the results coming like people tell you its a tool to help!

Back to basics me thinks!

Weekly weigh in!

Janet lost another pound and I have lost 7lb! (Been back to the basics this week!)

I have bought a cheap pair of jeans from Tesco yesterday £10 bargain! Janet said my others were (and I quote) "hanging off me arse!"......

They are cosier to say the least....

Janet is refusing to buy any clothes at the moment but says she will get some for chrimbo!

We went swimming today at a local leisure centre!! What a good feeling to finally be getting over not going out! Sat here typing with a hint of chlorine in the air!!

One of my ambitions is to swim in the sea again, used to love it on hols with the kids, hopefully by next year, if we can fit on a plane comfortably, it might be in warm sea!! Either that or cover myself in goose fat and dive in off Skeggy pier!!

Onwards and downwards!

Doing so well guys xx

I love your updates ..they always make me giggle :)
We'll done to both of you for your losses and on going public swimming x

Blimey have you lost 5 stone in 13 weeks?!

That's amazing well done.

Congratulations guys you're doing tremendously well. Keep it up, you're amazing inspiration to us all. As for the swimming I bet you can't believe it. So proud of you both.

Xxxx

Weekly weigh in.

I have lost 3lbs this week and Janet has lost 1.5 lb!

That takes me to 6 stones lost since my heaviest! Unbelievable!

Janet has lost 4st 6lb but is getting a bit down with only shifting a pound or so each week, it seems slower to her but I have a lot more weight to lose than her. I don't think she is particularly looking at my weight loss each week but she says that compared to what she was eating pre op she thought she would be dropping more in these early months.

On the other hand we would never have stuck to a diet for this long that is for sure!

Just got to keep going (no choice really)!

Trying a few different recipes at the moment to try and get over feeling that ground hog day theme with dinners.

Saw a mate the other day who I haven't seen for ages and he didn't even notice my weight loss! Blokes are rubbish for giving compliments!

Janet is 50 next week and I have planned a short break away in a castle in Wales!

Wouldn't have dreamed of that a few months ago!

Weekly weigh in!

Janet lost another 2 pounds and I have lost another 3lbs!!

We went out for a family meal on saturday for Janets birthday as we are away on the actual date which is tomorrow. I had Haddock and chips and Janet went for Sausage and mash, we had the main meals and the others dipped into the left overs! We thought about just having a starter each but went for the mains instead.

I only just managed the fish (which wasn't massive) and Janet managed 2 sausage and a few forkfuls of mash, but we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and it wasn't spoilt by only being able to eat small portions.

My son (who is built like a racing snake) had the biggest steak and chicken wings starter and sat opposite me, it was like watching Henry the 8th tucking in! Made me jealous of the old days! (Mixed grills were always my vice!)

We are going away tomorrow to a castle in Wales for a few days and are hoping to get some walks in.

Janet is 50 this year and was commenting on finally being 50! But then we talked about her recent weight loss and can't believe she has lost over 4 and half stones already! I am up to 6st 3lb.

Anybody who is considering weight loss surgery in whichever form should take our advice and go for it (but do your homework first to ensure you are choosing the right surgery team and procedure) but I can speak from our experiences and say you'll never look back!

We are off now on another break!!

(even googled where the nearest pool is!!)

Weekly weigh in!

I've maintained and Janet has lost a pound.

We had a lovely time in wales and did push the boat out a bit with the treats!

We had to face a massive selection for breakfast, there was fruit juices, yogurts, cereals
croissants, fresh fruits and choices of full welsh breakfasts smoked haddock or smoked salmon.

We opted for a pot of tea and a cooked brecky each. We ate as much as we could but couldn't do it justice! Then just politely walked out, felt guilty about leaving food but that's the new way!

Just had a snack for dinner whilst out and about then smuggled something into the room from the local Tesco's for tea!

Living the dream!

For the first time in years though we walked into the restaurant at the castle without feeling everyone was staring because of our weight.

Felt good not to be conscious all the time.

Last edited:
Wow, it's amazing to read your's and your wife's story, I was feeling a little down having had my sleeve opp on Sunday, working through the pain and discomfort but now I've read this it has spurred me on all the more. Thanks for sharing it with us

Aw your both doing amazing :) so pleased for you

Back