• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie with a referal to Walsall Manor Hospital.

Kathryn81

Hello,
I'm 35 married mum of 2, I have always been overweight but after having my 2nd child I ballooned to my heaviest.
My GP sent my referal to Walsall hospital at end of September so I'm at the very start of my journey. How long should I expect to wait before I hear anything of the next step? What is the next step?
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have already found this group very useful.

I'm elsewhere in the UK so I can't answer your question. My journey took a couple of years from referral but that was for what few different reasons. As I'm sure you've already read, it's different for all of us :) but I wanted to say hi and welcome :0icanfly:

I'm elsewhere in the UK so I can't answer your question. My journey took a couple of years from referral but that was for what few different reasons. As I'm sure you've already read, it's different for all of us :) but I wanted to say hi and welcome :0icanfly:

Hi and thanks
How long has your journey been so far?

Hello,
I'm 35 married mum of 2, I have always been overweight but after having my 2nd child I ballooned to my heaviest.
My GP sent my referal to Walsall hospital at end of September so I'm at the very start of my journey. How long should I expect to wait before I hear anything of the next step? What is the next step?
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have already found this group very useful.
Hi
I am also at the manor hospital and not much further along than you I was referred in July had a appointment for September seen the dietician dr hartland and Ashley the physical activity person was put on orlistat by dr hartland for 12 weeks until I see him next and have to try and lose around a stone by December 13th when I see him next saw jo the dietician again yesterday as u choose when u want to have a review with her she is nice and has some good info for u to find useful well I did anyway lol I lost 7lbs so far since September so feeling not too bad she said when I next see dr hartland if I have lost the weight needed he will talk through surgery options with me and then you have to see a physiatrist person to make sure u properly understand what u r letting yourself in for surgery wise and also attend a group session where they explain all about the surgery and what to expect and the liver shrinkage diet U have to do before surgery a lot of info I know but not sure on time scale yet good luck x

@Kathryn81 the first few days post op were tough but in large part because of other conditions. Otherwise it's been pretty straightforward and the loss has been steady :)

Hi. I was referred to the Manor from a Bham based tier 3 program. I was referred in August 2014. First appointment was January 2015. Surgery (gastric sleeve) was June 2015. I kept a diary on here of the whole event lol. I found it fair and ok.

Good luck with your journey x

Hi all
Just wanted to update you all on my journey. I had my first appointment last week 11Jan at Walsall Manor. Everything went well and had bloods taken. Was told it will be 6 months altogether.
Just need to wait for more appointments to see dietitian and psychologist.
May case was being looked at by the team yesterday 17Jan.
Hope you are all having positive journeys.

Hello, I'm booked in for a RNY Bypass at Dolan Park Hospital, Birmingham in march. Has anyone else any experience of this hospital? xx

Hey I had my sleeve done at Walsall manor 5 days ago and they was fab tbh and from referral to sleeved it was exact a year x

Good luck with you post op journey. I was sleeved at Walsall in June 2015. I found they were very professional. I can't thank them enough really.

Good luck with you post op journey. I was sleeved at Walsall in June 2015. I found they were very professional. I can't thank them enough really.
Thank you struggling a little with getting fluids in at the moment but everyday it's improving xx

Back