• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi is it just me

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
hi is it just me but i have been reading the blogs and i don't understand . somethings .people are always saying that they are hungry but i thought the op was to stop people felling hungry .i do not fell hungry anymore the trouble i have now is trying to remember to eat as i am never hungry and forget to eat sometimes.and i cant eat much when i do eat i have to eat my meet first ie chicken or fish and then try to eat some veg before i am full up. is it just me or other people are the same ?

i think everyone is different carole, im like you, i dont even think about food, but then sometimes i actually feel ill cos i need to eat, then when i do eat, a couple of mouthfuls of protein, and thats it, im full, protein fills me up soooo quick, if i eat veg i can eat a bit more, but then i need the protein. i alsogets days whre i do feel hungrier than others, but overall im sure i dont eat enough, well, i know i dont. i wish i could eat more and feel hungrier.

i think everyone is different carole, im like you, i dont even think about food, but then sometimes i actually feel ill cos i need to eat, then when i do eat, a couple of mouthfuls of protein, and thats it, im full, protein fills me up soooo quick, if i eat veg i can eat a bit more, but then i need the protein. i alsogets days whre i do feel hungrier than others, but overall im sure i dont eat enough, well, i know i dont. i wish i could eat more and feel hungrier.
why would you wont to feel hungeir again that is what got us in this trouble in the first place but thanks anyway

i wouldnt want to feel hungrier to the extent that i would eat loads, just enough that i could eat a reasonable amount, i think it cos i dont eat enough that my weight loss is so slow, i really do struggle to eat even a very small meal, and rarely have snacks.

I think that what folk experience is Head Hunger, as the part of your stomach that actually tells the brain you are hungry is no longer in use after surgery, so its got to be head hunger, although now i have got into a routine, my body does tell me when it needs fuel, but its nothing like the belly busting starving feeling i had before surgery... I think the best thing to do, is to look at why we think we feel hungry and test it out..... are we hungry or is our head trying to tempt us into our old ways???

Hope this helps

I don't feel physical hunger the way I used to. I get very occasional head-hunger but it's as a response to seeing or smelling food more often than not.

However I think I do feel hunger as my body saying," hey, what's happening, you haven't fed me for 6/7/8 hours and I'm feeling dizzy/sick/faint etc!" That's when I know I HAVE to eat, but when I've left it that long, it becomes physically more difficult to eat!:confused:

I'm struggling to eat enough because of it; a few times this week I've gone 8+ hours without food (apart from a milky coffee.) :eek:

I need to combat food lethargy at the moment!

I suspect this is why my weight-loss is slowing down. I'm going to make a concerted effort to go back to the 6 small meals per day regime I was on immediately post-op, to see if it will boost my weight loss. Now I've got the drinking down better, I think this is the next thing I need to do.

When i first had my op i was never hungry i had to force myself to eat. I am now 10 weeks post op and i do feel hungry, not every day but most days i feel hunger in some degree.
Before my op i was never hungry, i would just eat all day for whatever reason. I am glad to feel hunger and feel like i am eating like a "normal" person
xxx

I agree i think some of it is head hunger. If I am busy, ie off to a horse show I can forget to eat and then I do feel hunger if I have missed breakie and it is 1pm wowwww :rolleyes:. I try not to do this by having snacks in the lorry so I can eat something even if it is a babybell.

I do get hungry but I think now it is the real thing not just my brain saying come on stuff me stuff me.

I do feel hungry at times but never the 'i'm starving i must eat something i'm starting to feel sick' hunger...

I eat regularly and have been a 'slow' loser! Slow compared to others that is. The last couple of days i've tried to ignore snacking and been reaching for the kettle instead, i think most times i've had a drink i've still felt hungry later... However i am also aware of the old habit of walking in the kitchen and checking out the contents of the cupboard is still there...

I suppose i'll just have to stay out of the kitchen, what a shame that's where the cooker n washing machine are :)

lol julie, thats one excuse for not making tea or wasing the clothes lol, nice one

I get hungry - [retty much each 'meal' time of the day - so much so that I will pass out if I dont eat as I get THAT hungry x

Back