• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The post op diet is soo hard

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I cant bloody do it.
Soup soup soup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sick of it
I am day 8 and have another 6 days of liquids I
have been adding the odd icecream and have even had sloppy weetabix but i am sooo hungry.
just want to eat eat eat
sorry for moaning x

You need to stick with it, as you need to let your body heal. I know its hard but the results are worth it.

Be strong. Be strong. Be strong. You can do this...:)

YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN BLOODY DO IT XOXO
easy for me to say I am not there yet, but my friend had her band last year and was saying the same things as you! YOU HAVE TO DO IT TO GIVE YOUR BODY THE BEST CHANCE AT SUCCESS.
I went to tesco and bought my friend some different flavoured liquids and then different flavoured pureed food and this took her mind of the soup.
YOU GO GIRL XX We are rooting for you x
Shelley

Sending you strength vibes - you can do it Helen. You say you are having soups, if you haven't tried them allready, there are some very hearty ones that can be blitzed and may fill you up more x

You can and you will do it because you have come this far. Try blitzing down thicker soups and fill up on other fluids inbetween. Its not forever and you will soon be looking back and thinking I did it because I am a strong determined personx x x

like the others say hun you can do it. I was on liquids for 4 weeks and the thought of no food at first was killing me but I was surprised at how well I did. The key is to try different flavors and textures if you feel hungry in between foods then have a yoghurt or an angel delight in different flavors to give your taste buds a treat. Hope this helps hun. Best wishes to you on your journey hun xxx

Stop Bloody moaning..... Ive been on a liquid milk diet for 8 weeks tomorrow...... not having my op for another 8 days after that.......if it happens..... then i get to go on the pre op liquid diet for god knows how long...... lol :)

Seriously though hun stick with it (as if you had a choice) you need to let your band and tummy settle properly or all you have done and wanted will be for nothing and you'll risk buggering it all up.....
soon be on mush....... god i dream of mush.... or a lump of something .... anything.....

be strong xxxx thinking of you.

As the others have said hun, it is a pain, and very very boring, but just think of the end result. it will be well worth the sacrifice. you can do it. ;)

as many people on here know omg i HATED my bypass at first and now im still coming to terms with it, but please believe me it does get easier, doesnt feel like it and it wont feel like it while ur goin through the stages, gosh i hated liquids, so i would munch on sugar free ice pops, my jaw loved them, but always make sure it juice before u swallow. ive lost 3st n 7lbs since dec 3rd so its defo worth it sticking to the pre op diet, now i think what was i whingin for and believe me i was whingin, its will pass huni xx

Oh it is sooo boring, but I am on day four and luckily still have lots of liquids I haven't tried yet. Yogurt thinned down with milk was a pleasant surprise. Sugar free jelly was a nice taste sensation, but not very filling. Ditto sugar free ice cream. I find warm liquids more filling, milky coffee, warm squash, I just keep sipping away. Just think once you are passed this stage, you may never have to eat soup again! Keep going, I am rooting for you.

Thanks everyone, I am a woman I moan lol. gonna go to tesco tomorrow and stock up on some different flavours - i think its the fact i thought the weight would be dropping off and well its not !!
thanks again it really does mean alot to me, I wasnt well over the weekend and my hubby was doing jobs around teh house and he sat down with a mood on him and said he was FED UP !!! I though FFS so i cant even moan to him now x

Helen are you not able to have some mash with loads of gravy to make it thinner?? or you could try some sugar free jelly as this practically melts as its going down but at least you would feel like you're having something a little more solid than soup. Hang on in there sweetheart as it will be worth itxx

i had options white choc is my faveoret and they do cappocinos and lattes ,they are great and are a change from just coffe.also i had lemmon tea, oxo millky coffee i found very filling and you are getting your protine too, yougurts and little stars fomage frais, i found loads of stuff and was suprised how soon the 3 weeks went, it was the puree stage that i hated i couldnt think wat different to have so it was mostly the same but soup a little thicker.............kath x
oh by the way my freind is called mary and she is usually in an elec chair but i dont know if she could us that wen she went in for her op, ive not seen her or her hubby yet so i dont know how she went on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kath x

Justbeen shopping bought a hand blender and soups are on offer
5 for £2 in asda and there are around 20 to choose from so bought them all
here comes dinner mmmm soup x

This is my much loved cauliflow r soup recipe

Using some veg stock, soften some (2 medium)onions.
add quarter teaspoon of tumeric and nutmeg.
One red chilli (deseeded) Add the cauliflower and 1 and a half pints of vegetable stock. Cook until cauliflower is soft, then blend it well. It's gorgeous.

Thanks very much
I now have my blender so gonna give it a whirl x

Back