• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi There

Misbehavin

Okay here is my story. :sign0144:

I didnt really have a problem with my weight until i was 29 and this resulted because of a miscarriage i had at 41/2 months. :cry: I'd noticed some bleeding after my sunday lunch and had awful diarroea :sick0019: and generally felt unwell so got the doctor out and he amitted me to hospital. I had all sorts of examinations on arrival then was left to wait for a scan the following morning. Then right on visiting time my waters broke and I spend the next 7 hours losing my baby or babies (i was never told but i had a high chance of having twins). I went straight down to theatre for a D and C and then the following day i was allowed home - i was picked up by my partner who dropped me off at my home (we wernt living together then) and he left me - just walked out of my lefe just like that the @*>*$rd. I never had any counselling from anyone infact just as i was recovering the midwife came to see how my pregnancy was progressing (you can imagine how i felt) i just shut the door in her face, bless her, it wasnt her mistake it was the doctors. Anyway so started my weight gain hell. I piled on the stones, (I think i ate for comfort) and yo yo dieted ever since - had no problem losing the weight but had a problem keeping it off. The the gorgeous Mr Shaw Sommers accepted me for wls, i saw a psychologist and she told me my mind and body had started to prepare itself for surgery as i was losing weight no problem without dieting. I had the surgery the same day as olsbols ( a lovely person) and now my story and life really starts again. I'm looking forward tosharing my trials and tribulations with you all and hope to make some lovely friends.

Misbehavin

Hiya :)

Welcome to the forums!

Mike

Thank you for sharing your story, and welcome to Minimins :hug99:

Hiya, welcome to Mini's! Corrr blimey having to put up with surgery and Ollie ;) :hide:

Sorry to read about what you went through, hopefully now you can deal with the emotions instead of burying them under food x

Hi Misbehavin,

Welcome to mini's :) Thanks for sharing your story with us. You went through a horrific thing, and with no support - no wonder you needed to turn to something for comfort. I really hope your bypass works for you and you are able to change your life.

Please tell me to butt out if this is unwanted... I am a midwife and your story hit home to me. Would I be right in saying that your loss is still raw and not dealt with? Have you had counselling? Did anyone put you in touch with SANDS? They are a charity who help and support people who have lost a baby. Lots of people find them so very helpful. Their website is UK Sands: Home

I hope I didn't cause you offense... I just wanted to help.

Alice xxx

Welcome to Minis Misbehavin, you will find lots of help and support here from likeminded people who really understand. It will help you to shed the food comfort blanket along with the pounds, look forward to seeing your progress x

Ahem...

Corrr blimey having to put up with surgery and Ollie ;) :hide:

I was wondering when it would start... :sign0151:

Teehehe :giggle:

Hey, D!!! Baba, it's SOOOOOO good to see you have found your way here (and that the nagging worked ;) )

You're in great company here and there are loads of wonderful peeps here to guide you when you feel a bit lost... they really are brill :)

How are you feeling today, mate? Hope you're managing to eat something - if not, just keep up with fluids and the old squitty mcgritty should calm down.

Take care, and speak to you later...

*hugs*

D, I don't mean to take over your thread...

But I just have to do something...

Oh, Sheeeeeeeell...??????

:whoopass:

:giggle:

x

Okay here is my story. :sign0144:

I didnt really have a problem with my weight until i was 29 and this resulted because of a miscarriage i had at 41/2 months. :cry: I'd noticed some bleeding after my sunday lunch and had awful diarroea :sick0019: and generally felt unwell so got the doctor out and he amitted me to hospital. I had all sorts of examinations on arrival then was left to wait for a scan the following morning. Then right on visiting time my waters broke and I spend the next 7 hours losing my baby or babies (i was never told but i had a high chance of having twins). I went straight down to theatre for a D and C and then the following day i was allowed home - i was picked up by my partner who dropped me off at my home (we wernt living together then) and he left me - just walked out of my lefe just like that the @*>*$rd. I never had any counselling from anyone infact just as i was recovering the midwife came to see how my pregnancy was progressing (you can imagine how i felt) i just shut the door in her face, bless her, it wasnt her mistake it was the doctors. Anyway so started my weight gain hell. I piled on the stones, (I think i ate for comfort) and yo yo dieted ever since - had no problem losing the weight but had a problem keeping it off. The the gorgeous Mr Shaw Sommers accepted me for wls, i saw a psychologist and she told me my mind and body had started to prepare itself for surgery as i was losing weight no problem without dieting. I had the surgery the same day as olsbols ( a lovely person) and now my story and life really starts again. I'm looking forward tosharing my trials and tribulations with you all and hope to make some lovely friends.

Misbehavin
You sound so much like me my weight went up and up after suffering 2 miscarriages within 6 months of each other. i then went onto have a daughter now 7 and gained 4 stone. i then suffered another miscarriage before finally having my baby girl now 19 months old. I think depression sank in pretty quick after the miscarriages and food was a great comfort. i am 8 weeks post op for the bypass and for the fist time in years feel in control of my eating. welcome to the forum hope you find alot of support from people who share experiences. look forward to watching your progress x

Hi There. Just reading through very sorry to hear you didn't have any help when you lost the baby. I had a similar experience when when one of my twins died at 3 months-just left to get on with it and told lucky to have a healthy baby which was no help at all.

Noticed that you had an appointment with Shaw Sommers. Hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions Mine is on the 5th August. I was wondering how long you waited for your operation after your consultation, did he offer you a date there and then,did you have yours in Chichester or London and (sorry to be a pain) what type of pre-op diet did you have to follow. I wan't my op as soon as possible but am on holiday for two weeks from the 23rd. How are you coping now, hope all is well.
Loll

Hi Loll i had my first consultation with Shaw on February 29 and I got my date on 16th July then it was moved to the 17th - he is a lovely man all us girls in at the time swooned over him there is nothing he wont do for you within his remit of course. I asked what if i had major problems post op because obviously im on the island and he said no worries if necessary he would come over to St Mary's with his team to see to me.

Thank you everyone for your kind words there was just one set back having the surgery - i had to spend time with Olsbols pmsl sorry only joking she has been a massive support to me and she is so funny and whoa what a wonderful mum she has too.

Thanks everyone again

My my my...

there was just one set back having the surgery - i had to spend time with Olsbols

My, isn't my hand busy at the moment?!!!

:whoopass:

:giggle:

You're brill, too... and kept us all entertained in the bay (I have only one word to say to you... chickens!!!)

And yes... my Mum is fab!!! However, I never used that Robinsons and left it at the Suite!!!

Hope you're doing ok today, baba...

x

Hi Debs

Only just caught up with your thread, thanks for sharing your story and I hope you are recovering well from your operation, looking forward to hearing more from you xx

P.S - Shell had me to put up with going faint so it's only fair you had the lovely Ols! xx

oooh faint nic or ols, which ones worse?

lol lol

Back