• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday weight gain after lipo

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
I've just got back from two weeks in Fuerteventura (God that place stinks - probably not the whole island, but where we were they watered their plants with sewage). Anyway, surprisingly for me as I usually put on at least 1st on holiday, I only put on 8lbs.

It's true what they say - the fat does not go back onto the areas treated with lipo. Instead I've got a bit of a spare tyre above my waist - which is fantastic, because that's the first bit that goes when I lose weight.

So as soon as I wean myself off Prozac for hopefully the last time, I'll see if I can kick my brain into gear to get to whatever weight target I want. If I ever get around to setting myself a target.

Even with the slight weight gain Dad keeps saying 'That really has sorted your hips out hasn't it?'

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Home Debz

Hi Debz,

*8lbs. is not too bad after being off on holidays!!!

Are you still in the compression knickers?:rolleyes:

Welcome back:) and good luck with getting off Prozac, what I have read it is a slow process and you will have to give it time and even more time.

Love Mini xxx

icemoose

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Debz I doubt that 8 pounds is all fat and you'll find in a week that it is more likely a couple of pounds.

I had someone back from Tenerife last week with a 7 pound gain and then this week was 7 pounds back off.

M.

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
Nope the compression came off the week before we went away. And all is fine. I shall have to wait until I'm off Prozac though to lose any real weight I find that it takes too much of the edge off makes me too laid back to follow CD effectively.

But yeah, I'm impressed with just 8lbs, I usually do 1st. And yes it's all very temporary and will come off quite easily, I just need to ditch the Prozac first.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
That is great to hear that you have it off and enjoying wearing your jeans.

You will have that wee bit of weight off in no time at all...

Love Mini xxx

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
The er wee bit of weight went up to 1st at the weekend. But it doesn't matter, because it may sound stupid, but I can't just lose a few lbs it's got to be a sizable chunk before I get my finger out and do something about it.

Still got a slimmer lower body though - and that is weird for someone who is used to being a pear.

Could have done without the bad reaction to precooked chicken yesterday. Had to eat carbs.

Today been a bit better, but I'm wondering if I've got a bug.

Still CD 1000kcal today, so far so good.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Debz,

Once the school term begins again you will be back into your old routine in no time.

Love Mini xxx

happygal

I've just got back from two weeks in Fuerteventura (God that place stinks - probably not the whole island, but where we were they watered their plants with sewage). Anyway, surprisingly for me as I usually put on at least 1st on holiday, I only put on 8lbs.

It's true what they say - the fat does not go back onto the areas treated with lipo. Instead I've got a bit of a spare tyre above my waist - which is fantastic, because that's the first bit that goes when I lose weight.

So as soon as I wean myself off Prozac for hopefully the last time, I'll see if I can kick my brain into gear to get to whatever weight target I want. If I ever get around to setting myself a target.

Even with the slight weight gain Dad keeps saying 'That really has sorted your hips out hasn't it?'

I only started getting a spare tyre when I went above 4 stone overweight. Now its the thing that is first to go. Its getting smaller as we speak!! I can identify with the spare tyre thing but not the Lipo. I would Love to do it bue dont have the money to do it!!

Debz

Cambridge Counsellor
Yep, Gemma is back at school. Such a relief.

And wow Claire only a spare tyre when you got 4st over weight? Cor, that's pretty impressive, and yes mine is going too.

So is the weight not that quickly because I wasn't well last week, but it's going.

Now where shall I put a post about Botox?