• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home safe and well

angelica13

Hi all,
Went into Sunderland royal on thurs, had op on Friday and home today. All went very well and I feel sore and stiff, but happy. Just eating very slowly with lots of bubbling sounds, but feels ok.
Staff were really lovely, and on ward with some lovely people too.
Got on scales though and 3lbs ON!!
Where did that come from? Haven't eaten since Thursday. I'm guessing fluid retention?
Finding that I'm tired very quickly and just going to go at my own pace.

Em xx

So gr8 to hear from you hun! Glad everything went well and you're not suffering too much. The staff really are lovely at Sunderland aren't they.

Take it easy - I still get worn out really easily! Welcome to the losers bench xxx

Its a long winding road ahead sometimes you will saunter a long and sometimes you will have to hang onto your hat, whichever it is from week to week day to day your life will change for the better. Stay positive and you will be pleasantly surprised at the results you will achieve. xx

Thanks - it feels great to be back!

I am so glad I used this site though, so much to take in, but felt like I wasn't overwhelmed because of all the advice from everyone on here.

I'm glad to be able to say that it wasn't as painful after as I expected. More sore and uncomfortable than pain.

How's it going with you? Are you managing everything ok?

I'm doing really well thanks. Its taken me a week to get used to making myself eat as I'm not hungry but so far I've managed pretty much everything without too much difficulty.

Still really tired - I think I over did it mid-week and had a couple of days where I felt shattered after and have had to make myself go to bed earlier as I'm normally a night owl. However, I'm not suffering any pain at all now which I'm relieved about!

Get plenty rest and eat slowly - I find the runnier it is, the less gurgling it makes as it goes down x

So, so glad that things are going well for you too.

Big congrats on your fab weight loss this week. That must feel great.

I seem to be eating fine, but only tiny bits, as really not hungry yet either. New tummy seems OK, but am playing it safe - quite bland runny food, but God, it tastes good after being on water after op!

I feel a bit spaced out / light headed today - so going to try and eat more regularly.

Seems so weird timing when I can have drinks, keep losing track of when I've eaten and which tablets I've taken. Am going to have to get one of those tablet organisers - just like my Nana!! There's a worrying thought!

E x

It can take up to a week for the a anaesetic out of our systems to feel human again, & we eat such small amounts that tiredness is a close shadow for a whole. Weight gain is due to the gas the inflate your abdomen for the surgery & takes about a week to shift & you'll probably see a fantastic drop at the end of the first week or two, then you may stall as your body goes into starvation mode for a bit before realising the new eating levels are hear to stay & let's go of you excess weight.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

penelope1008 said:
It can take up to a week for the a anaesetic out of our systems to feel human again, & we eat such small amounts that tiredness is a close shadow for a whole. Weight gain is due to the gas the inflate your abdomen for the surgery & takes about a week to shift & you'll probably see a fantastic drop at the end of the first week or two, then you may stall as your body goes into starvation mode for a bit before realising the new eating levels are hear to stay & let's go of you excess weight.
Good luck.

Wow thanks it's really good to know ways happening inside im one wk post op sleeve. That's really really helped thanks xxx

Your welcome may be slightly different from me as had bypass but I think in general it's pretty much the same.

So, so glad that things are going well for you too.

Big congrats on your fab weight loss this week. That must feel great.

I seem to be eating fine, but only tiny bits, as really not hungry yet either. New tummy seems OK, but am playing it safe - quite bland runny food, but God, it tastes good after being on water after op!

I feel a bit spaced out / light headed today - so going to try and eat more regularly.

Seems so weird timing when I can have drinks, keep losing track of when I've eaten and which tablets I've taken. Am going to have to get one of those tablet organisers - just like my Nana!! There's a worrying thought!

E x

Thanks a lot, it feels gr8! I was just thinking about getting one of those too as I'm a bit confused about what I've taken and when - I did expect to be older than my 30s when I needed one though lol x

You can get them in the £1 shop a weeks in a tray or some chemists like my local independant sell individual ones. Mind you it cost as much as the weeks one. Lol

Pleased every think went well. good luck with your future x

Glad it all went okay. I'm 6 weeks out now and still learning. Like chrisa said, it's a heck of a journey. I'm dealing with my emotions now instead of eating them away. Great to have this forum though.

Thanks everyone.

I love this forum too!

Just can't seem to concentrate for long at the moment. Keep popping on for a couple of mins at a time.

Getting a bit braver with food - eating a little bit more, and tried fruit - was a bit scared as had read that it makes some people dump. Have been mixing it with yoghurt hoping that it dilutes the sugars! So far so good.

Wounds and inside feeling a bit tight today, but I hope that just means they are healing nicely.

Did anyone else get bad backache for a couple of days?

E x

Back