• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hospital clothes

you can wear pj's but you will be given a hospital gown to go to surgery in, a nigthdress is best if catheterised, if not pj's is fine. i took a dressing gown as well.

liz x

I brought in nighties and pj's but never used them. Everyone on the ward was wearing hospital gowns so I did too. Of course I had a dressing gown from home for modesty when I got out of bed (those gowns are open all down the back :eek: )
But post op instead of worrying about getting blood on my clothes, I just used their gowns. The nurses suggested it. Another good thing was, they brought clean sterile gowns up 3x a day. The only laundry I had when I got home was smalls.

I wore my own clothes, the catheta was taken out the day after op, and just put my own pants and top on. There was no leakage of anything, and i was much more comfy to be in my own clothes.

I had open surgery, so had to wear my pants down a little bit further than usual, so they didn't rub on the wound, but apart from that, no probs.

Good luck. xx

ive got 3 new nighties!! and a dressing gown to take with me, and jogging bottoms and t-shirt for coming home in

I dont usually wear anything in bed so am going to have to go out and buy nighties when my time comes. WHere does everyone buy their big nighties from?

Thanks for that Sue, I'll check it out xx

I would prefer to wear PJ's but I was wondering whether it would affect the catheter??

well i was thinking just this a few weeks back ............. and i decided to buy a dressing gown cause i wrap sheets around me like queen of Sheba ... and lounge in them but i guessed the people in hospital would freak lol ..

so i decided to buy a dressing gown . i hate anything thats tight and bigger the better .. well i searched ebay and found a few large men shops and they had a few .. i like light weight so i got a cotton cheque one they went to a size 8xl ...

so i decided i would get the largest even tho im not that big ...

well when it came i put it on i nearly died lol .. its huge huge huge huge .

the arms are triangle shape its like a huge co-mono how ever its spelt ..

my other half said u are not taking that to hospital with you !!

so i have had to order a diff one just white lolol

the belt is around 9 ft .. unreal to think i could of got up there to that size had i not sorted my self out now !!

I would prefer to wear PJ's but I was wondering whether it would affect the catheter??

Mine was fine Sam the just fed the tube and bag down my leg and the waist of my PJ's was under my yummy so it didnt rub the scar

Im a fidget and I didnt want my bum hanging out the bed sheets in the morning and scaring the staff lol

THanks Teen x

Ok, i took 2 nighties and a pair of pj's, for the first night i had the hospital gown on (which id like to add is massive and covers your backside really well) so don't panic about showing your bum off you wont! i had a catheter which was removed the day after so i wore only the pj's, jogging bottoms & tshirt to go home in. Leant the new nighties i bought to another lady on the ward as she'd not bought anything i got them from Asda 2 for a fiver!! size 24-26 but would fit upto a size 30. xxx
xxx

Back