• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tell or not tell?

Good luck for Monday and your journey x I too kept my band a secret only my partner knows and have had no issues with eating out with friends etc x

Thank you Meggie, my main concern is eating at friends' houses rather than restaurants but like most people on here I've been on just about every diet going so hopefully they will accept my small portions(and less than my usual capacity for wine!). Well done on your loss so far and good luck as you progress to your target. x

Thank you Meggie, my main concern is eating at friends' houses rather than restaurants but like most people on here I've been on just about every diet going so hopefully they will accept my small portions(and less than my usual capacity for wine!). Well done on your loss so far and good luck as you progress to your target. x

If your friends are anything like mine they really don't notice far too busy chatting x you will do great x and thank you x look forward to reading your updates

Thank you for asking Debbie, yes everything went well and I was one of the lucky ones that didn't suffer from wind pain until,funnily enough, last night when I had horrendous pain caused ironically by taking soluble tramadol and not allowing enough time for the bubbles to disperse.
My surgery was scheduled for 2 pm so I wasn't required to book in until a very civilized 12.30 pm with the hospital within an hours drive. By 1 pm my surgeon had visited me which was the first time I had met him, followed by the anaesthetist who assured my that despite having moderate sleep apnea there should be no problems. At 2pm I walked to the operating theatre where it took the anaesthetist three goes to find a vein, then an hour later I woke up, which was a relief!
My surgeon came to see me and told me that everything had been very straight forward and the operation had gone without any problems.
Later that evening my nurse was checking my wounds and noticed a large swelling about 5 inches by 4 around the main wound, she thought it was a hernia and called the duty doctor who said it was not a hernia but a haematoma but to check with my surgeon by phone which she did at 11.30 pm and he assured her it was perfectly normal and he would check it himself the following day which he did. Although he was not overly concerned he did say it would take several weeks to disperse unless it burst first in which case not to delay but to get myself back to the clinic for a repair. So far it hasn't burst and seems to be getting a little smaller and less painful. I can't recall anyone else on here reporting this issue so presumably it's quite uncommon.
Liquid diet is going well and have lost 7 lb in first week post op which I am delighted with, now half way through 2nd week and looking forward to progressing to mush.
Have so far still managed to keep my surgery confidential despite having my 23 year old daughter round for tea so will be pleased to get to the normal food regime where very small portions are easier to explain than liquid or mush!
Hope you are progressing well also, Slaz x

Glad your op went well strange about the complication you have had after.you must of had it done Mon 18th I was thinking it was this Mon gone.all going well with me except my loss of voice from the general anithesthic, waiting and hoping it will come back no sore throat from it thou

Back