• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What was the point?

Yeah this is good advice, i also firmly believe that if you understand how your metabolism works and understand how your body burns fat, then your halfway there, dont get the wrong idea, i'm not some kind of dieting monk preaching rightousness, i'm as bad as the next person for eating crap, but i know what works, how to trick my metabolism into not stalling and i also get regular exercise which is key to long term weight lose !

My Grandad use to say - the harder you work the luckier you get ! ;)

silva, ur right there, its good food choices , mixed with the right level of exercise, this will allow the odd "treat" for a wls patient, treats abused with out the exercise food commitment just doesnt work, it has to be balanced out in all aspects

Thank you for the reply Silversurfer, you sound so much more mellow with a touch of understanding even lol. I have not been eating what I liked (as much as I want to!) and with no restriction this is why I have been so moany about the whole thing! I really do know it's hard work with the band but I have never been one to suffer in silence so sorry everyone ha ha.
I like Tender am also medication mine is for an underactive thyroid. I am on levothyroxine a very high dose of 200mcg, but to be honest I don't think my body knows what a metabolisim is- It never crossed my mind that it could be why I am not doing as well as what I should be...........so thank you for mentioning that. I think I am gonna invest in one of the band books available I don't know if anyone can recommend one?

Last edited:
Hi Prinny, believe it or not i was actually going to have a band myself, i had no concerns over the costs so money wasn't an issue for me, the bypass felt like a far 'to one way trip', i'd done my research and understood how the band worked and how much effort i'd need to make it work etc. But when i met my consultant he advised that with my BMI of 50 and given i needed to lose 12 stone to get to my ideal weight for my height he recomended a bypass, so i quickly switched my thinking !

Neighter solution is an easy option, both have to be worked at and bypassers have ups and downs just like baders do, you can cheat a bypass just as easilly as band, and especially if you dont dump (like me) its even easier to cheat.

For information take a look at Obesity Surgery - Bariatric Surgery - Healthier Weight

this is the organisation i had my bypass through, they have a whole raft of information about both procedures, pre and post op information and lots of information about how the band works.
Once you have some restriction in the band you should find it easier to fill up on a small amount of food and will start to lose weight !

:D Yeah I do feel a better today. I had some cous cous for my dinner ( I thought it would be okay!) and I did get a lovely stuck feeling lol. It made it all worth while...........only jesting but it did remind me that it is there and it will work. I was just feeling well fed up the other day but like I have done as I was told and got a grip lol. Thank you.xx

lol it made me laugh when you said "lovely stuck feeling"...bet you never thought you would feel so happy about feeling so stuck lol....you come on here and moan any time prinny thats what its for chick....I have no one to moan to hence the reason I have a blog..xx

I did have one question though apart from mintball how many of the bypassers or pr-bypassers self funded?

Prinny I was not self funded and there is no way if I had not got funding that I would of been able to afford the band or the bypass so I was extremely lucky and count my blessings daily...xx

Prinny I was not self funded and there is no way if I had not got funding that I would of been able to afford the band or the bypass so I was extremely lucky and count my blessings daily...xx

im a band, but i also would not of financially been able to afford surgery of this nature, it took along time but was worth the wait, ppl slag the nhs off for many reasons, but im truely greatfull that i have been given the chance to change my life by them and feel priviliged to of recieved the treatment and after care given.

I am gonna end up loving that stuck feeling more than any thing else, I ams seriously gonna be friends with it ha ha. I will be sat here like a nutty cat lady talking to her new pet band! Thanks for the info silver.

Back