• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How can I deal with this?

Ines4C

So, today a well-meaning person, after hearing my news about my operation date, said that I should remember that if I don't feel ready to have the op, I can always defer it. I know this wasn't meant as a discouragement, she just simply thinks I am doing well on my own. I think she doesn't realise that the operation is an incentive to do well at the moment. But it still discourages me, makes me think that maybe I should think it over, even though I myself don't want to And don't see a reason to. It just keeps going around in my mind, what if I regret it after I have the operation? Am I really ready? Is she just worried about me? I think it just puzzles me, because until now she has been so supportive. I am sorry for the ramblings, but I just had to post it here. I know she meant well, but I somehow can't stop thinking about it. Needless to say, I will still Carry on with it, because I feel sure that this is what I want, but it just took me by surprise today. Thanks all for reading. Ines x

I think that you're over thinking things. I think your friend was just trying to be supportive in the fact that if you didn't feel ready that you have options :)

If you thought you didnt need it you wouldnt be pursuing it. My hubby questioned the consultant saying that what if I wasnt ready and started to think like that, he said to hubby I f thought she wasnt fully committed to this I would not be putting her forward for surgery, swometimes it a case of their fear for us. We are at the point where we have tried to do it ourelves and failed miserably. WE lose we put on time after time, this is it stannd up and say this is your only option I know it was mine and I have never looked back. I was over 300lbs like you I am bit taller but have lost 101/2 stone I am still classed as overweight but hey I am the weight I was when I left school and got married. I think this is my healthy weight check out my stats at the side. It has taken me Just over 18 months.
Good luck head up and go for it, be best decision you have ever made, some friends just have to play devils advocate. They do care xxxxxx

I totally understand where ur coming from Ines but i'm sure as Fading Grace has stated, u are overthinking things. I like most people on here was yo yo dieting for years and it came to the point where i knew i couldnt control myself....i was an emotional eater u see....and with life u will always have good and bad things happening so surgery was the best option for me.... Before startin my pre op diet i ate everything i liked, a last meal u could call it and i must admit after hearing this my brother was concerned that i was not mentally ready for the op, i.e he thought i'd be eating allsorts after op n not caring etc....but he was wrong....i knew that i had a problem with food and this was the last resort otherwise i'd most likely end up in a wheelchair for the little bit of life i may have lived being the weight i was....and im only 38.....so u know what is right for you and your limits....take advice on board but listen to yourself as you are living this life with the body that you have....trust me u will not regret it :-D ......and we are all here to offer our support, u have nothing to worry about xx

I Think its easy to gain confidence when we are winning the battle of weight loss but reality is will it last? Will will maintain this? Will it ? slide ? Wull we regain it? Sadly probably yes. So do we meed the op probably yes!

This is a really scary time for us, I am pre-op for a bypass in May, and am constantly battling the shall I shan't I question.

Most of the time, I tell myself to not be no ridiculous and get on with it, but every now and again the doubts creep in.

It's a major decision and I don't have anyone to talk it through with which doesn't make it any easier.

Today I can't wait for my op date :rolleyes:. Tomorrow the doubts may be back, will I have the same restriction as now, will I have more problems, will I have less problems, how do I persuade my surgeon to do something that I want.

Bottom line is I know this is the only way forward.

I am in exactly the same position. I out a post on here the other day. I really want the op doing but I am constantly asking my self am I doing the right thing and what if something goes wrong. This is made harder due to the fact that I dont have the support of my partner or my parents because they dont want me to have it done and my partner refuses to t a lk about it full stop although he as said he will come with me when the time comes. Its a life changing decision and we need to stay strong. But to be honest inside I am absolutely terrified but some days the excitement takes over and that is a great feeling that I am so close. Sorry for waffling. X

Thanks for your replies. Most of the time I am absolutely sure that what I am doing is right. It's just that on Friday the ladies said if I wasn't ready I should tell them, which I believe she said because last month I had a bit of a breakdown. Bottom line is now though I am sure I am ready, I am just sometimes asking myself whether I will regret it afterwards. I don't think I will go, just like you guys, for me it's the last resort, nothing else worked for me.

i was a nervpus wreck before my op but knew it was the right decision and i have never looked back feel amazing and so much healthier and my life has changed so much x x good luck with the decision you make x x

Back