• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off Topic - I got engaged!

Congrats and may you all be very happy for a very long time

Well I've kept this a secret from everyone including my girlfriend.

We've been together over 4 years but I'd wanted to get engaged about a year ago, just as the surgery was looking more and more likely. Thing is, she lost a partner just over 6 years ago, and I didn't want her to have another partnerless ring. We are open about it all, she takes flowers to his grave on what would have been his birthday, Christmas and Fathers day with Stephen (His son who was 6 months old when he died). It's their time, I understand about it and I don't wish to stop this.

So now I've had the operation, I'm feeling great and Rachel has stood by me through everything, I thought I'd do the decent thing.

So yesterday I took her to Beverley and we browsed the shops, she was oblivious. Saw a ring she really liked and I asked her if she wanted it. The look on her face was a picture!!

So the ring fitted perfect as well so it was meant to be! She wouldn't let me ask in Beverley Minster so I got down on one knee in the car park :D

She's said yes but we have no date set. We are happy as we are, I work and go home for a couple of days then spend sometimes a week together. Depending how my shifts fall. Like she said yesterday, she'd never ever think that anyone would take her and 3 children on. The girls dad doesn't have much to do with them!! Our situation suits us all. I always love those days when I'm back at hers and not seen anyone for a few days, the hugs are great :D

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x82/Mixman36/DSC06295.jpg

Hun, congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats!!!! i just got married in feb its a wonderful thing!

What wonderful news to start the day! The ring is beautiful, she has wonderful taste in jewellery and men! I wish you all every happiness.

Lx

congratulations mix
well done you all the best for a happy future chap
regards
Steve

Thanks for all the congratulations and wishes :D

I'm very lucky to have met Rachel. It's been love/lust at first sight. We've been together since August 12th 2005. I joined friends reunited dating for 6 months but 2 hours later Rachel messaged me, we messaged a few times that progressed onto MSN, then onto the telephone where we talked all through the night, we arranged to meet the next night and we've been together ever since.

I call it destiny.

CONGRATS am sure Rachel knows what a lucky lady she is 2 having such a nice guy like you as her partner and the ring is beautiful xxx

Congratulations to you both :)

Congratulations on your engagement.

congratulations xx

I came on here tonight to have a moan because I'm feeling really down, but the first thing I saw was your post and after reading it (and having a real old fashioned cry!) I have realised that things aren't all bad in the world. You reminded me that my gorgeous husband took on my 3 children too. He's known them all their lives and the two oldest are now in their 30s (gulp!) but after we got married last year, they started calling him Papi (which he absolutely loves - he says it sounds much nicer than daddy - but he's biased!).

Good luck to you, your future wife and your children. Hugs all round xx

awww congratulations thats lovely!!! you sound like such a sweet man and i wish you every happiness together!!!

Back