• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can eat food!!

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
Sorry for being so excited but I don't have to blend my food anymore!!

Just spoke to my dietician and she has made my day! So I have just put some vegetables in to cook with onions spices and passata and I am going to enjoy crunching those vegetables :)

BTW she says I should do it as I am almost 4 weeks since surgery and not losing weight yet so I will eat less if the food is whole :)

Rx

Ooh thats great news Rosie.. Im very jealous.

I'm loving following your progress as I'm just one day behind you.

thats great news for you, I was told puree for 4 -6 weeks so i guess i've got another 3 to go..hmmm

You enjoy your dinner though, i'm sure it will be heaven xx

I was told the same, but after a chat with the nutritionist she thinks that is best for me. I think she thinks the slops are slipping through easily so I am eating more and that's why I am not losing weight. If only that were the case, I haven't eaten more than a few spoonfuls of anything.

Even more bizarrely was that those spiced/curried vegetables I had for tea were definitely al dente and I managed more of that than I ever did puree! (a whole 6 tea spoonfulls). I just don't know what I am doing wrong!

Anyway, just trying to be patient and hope this works, I don't care about the weight loss at the moment I am just so happy to be able to eat again!

Rx

Enjoy your grub rose x

Congrats Rose. So envious. Isn't it daft how exciting food becomes in as much we aren't excited about chocolate, cakes etc. but the b****y consistency!!
xx

Well we went to Morrisons today for some bits, that was really hard as my head wanted to buy everything still, but I knew I couldn't eat it!

After the trauma of the shopping, we went to the cafe, first time since op. I wanted an omelette or scrambled egg (being vegetarian trying to keep the protein up), but they would only do an omelette as part of a huge meal with 2 cheese omelettes, chips and beans. After much deliberation (no I didn't tell them why) they agreed to do it with salad but still charged me £4.09! When it came it could have fed me for a week, 2 huge omelettes and a mountain of salad, I ate 4 bites of omelette and a couple of tiny pieces of cherry tomato and cucumber. And that took longer than it took hubby to eat his jacket and beans! And the woman at the till commented on why I didn't have a drink also, luckily hubby had a bottle of water so I just said we were going to share it. My dinner went back looking barely touched and I feel a bit ripped off!

Well we went to Morrisons today for some bits, that was really hard as my head wanted to buy everything still, but I knew I couldn't eat it!

After the trauma of the shopping, we went to the cafe, first time since op. I wanted an omelette or scrambled egg (being vegetarian trying to keep the protein up), but they would only do an omelette as part of a huge meal with 2 cheese omelettes, chips and beans. After much deliberation (no I didn't tell them why) they agreed to do it with salad but still charged me £4.09! When it came it could have fed me for a week, 2 huge omelettes and a mountain of salad, I ate 4 bites of omelette and a couple of tiny pieces of cherry tomato and cucumber. And that took longer than it took hubby to eat his jacket and beans! And the woman at the till commented on why I didn't have a drink also, luckily hubby had a bottle of water so I just said we were going to share it. My dinner went back looking barely touched and I feel a bit ripped off!

Oh dear, dont worry you will get used to the thought of having to leave food however much or little it is. Also you will soon suss out the portion friendly eateries so that you dont feel that you are being ripped off too much!

Maz

I would have just had a couple of bites of my OH's food, saved the money and the embarrassment lol having said that when we went shopping I made sure i ate before i went and when we went into the cafe i just had a cup of tea. its really wierd cos it didnt bother me at all...

Back