• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off Topic - I got engaged!

Mixman

Well I've kept this a secret from everyone including my girlfriend.

We've been together over 4 years but I'd wanted to get engaged about a year ago, just as the surgery was looking more and more likely. Thing is, she lost a partner just over 6 years ago, and I didn't want her to have another partnerless ring. We are open about it all, she takes flowers to his grave on what would have been his birthday, Christmas and Fathers day with Stephen (His son who was 6 months old when he died). It's their time, I understand about it and I don't wish to stop this.

So now I've had the operation, I'm feeling great and Rachel has stood by me through everything, I thought I'd do the decent thing.

So yesterday I took her to Beverley and we browsed the shops, she was oblivious. Saw a ring she really liked and I asked her if she wanted it. The look on her face was a picture!!

So the ring fitted perfect as well so it was meant to be! She wouldn't let me ask in Beverley Minster so I got down on one knee in the car park :D

She's said yes but we have no date set. We are happy as we are, I work and go home for a couple of days then spend sometimes a week together. Depending how my shifts fall. Like she said yesterday, she'd never ever think that anyone would take her and 3 children on. The girls dad doesn't have much to do with them!! Our situation suits us all. I always love those days when I'm back at hers and not seen anyone for a few days, the hugs are great :D

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x82/Mixman36/DSC06295.jpg

Congrats! Beautiful ring!

aww congratulations. Lovely news. xx

awwwwwwwwww thats brill news m8 congrats sounds like you where made for each other all the best hun for the future lin.x

Woot congrats to you both and well done on keeping it a secret:D

Aw Mixman
What a lovely start to my day to come on and read your post you really are a very sweet and understanding man. My hubby took my son on too as his biological father has nothing to do with him. It takes a special kind of person to do that. Congratulations to both you and Rachel her ring is lovely and i wish the two of you all the best xx

Awww congrats! The ring is stunning! Happy days! xx

Congratulations seem soo inadequate, you brought a tear to my eye, i'm soo pleased you have someone to make you complete and Rachel is a very lucky lady, I hope you are all very happy together for a long (slim) time to come xxx

:) :D Congrats Mixman!!! So so so pleased for you hun!!! xxxxxxxx

Awww Mixie thats wonderful!Im smiling and crying at the same time.How lovely,you come across as a really nice man and she is very lucky to have you in her life.Hope your future together brings you both everything you deserve.Wish her all the best from me and love to the rest of the family.Maz xxxxx

Absolutely fantastic news. Congratulations to you both.

Lynda

That is such fantastic news and I wish you all the most happy future together.
I love coming on here and being privileged to share such happy occasions for people who so evidently deserve the very best.

Thank you for sharing this with us all.

Much Love. xxxxxx

what wonderful news - congratulations to you both.

Back