• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you know your full?

Do they have Miralax in the UK? It works well to get things moving. I personally use probiotics because they say it helps the digestion process and it also keeps me "regular" in the poop department shall we say. :) Ever since I've began taking probiotics, I've been regular very well.

As far as when I'm full, I'm over a year post op and still can't eat much. I'm in the U.S. so we use ounces. I can still only eat 2 or 2.5 oz of chicken and I'm stuffed. I feel like I am full and just can't eat another bite. If I try to eat another bite, it will come back up! So I don't even try to eat the next bite. I definitely know when I'm full. I can eat 3.5 oz of cottage cheese because it's softer before I feel that "full" or "satisfied" feeling like I know I shouldn't eat any more. The first few months after surgery all I could eat was a few bites and I was done. I mean, I was only eating an ounce of food. LOL.

Do they have Miralax in the UK? It works well to get things moving. I personally use probiotics because they say it helps the digestion process and it also keeps me "regular" in the poop department shall we say. :) Ever since I've began taking probiotics, I've been regular very well.

As far as when I'm full, I'm over a year post op and still can't eat much. I'm in the U.S. so we use ounces. I can still only eat 2 or 2.5 oz of chicken and I'm stuffed. I feel like I am full and just can't eat another bite. If I try to eat another bite, it will come back up! So I don't even try to eat the next bite. I definitely know when I'm full. I can eat 3.5 oz of cottage cheese because it's softer before I feel that "full" or "satisfied" feeling like I know I shouldn't eat any more. The first few months after surgery all I could eat was a few bites and I was done. I mean, I was only eating an ounce of food. LOL.

I have never heard of Miralax, but I wouldn't like to say we don't have it! Yes I have heard the Probiotics are pretty good for most things digestion related thanks for the info I'll look into it further.

Yeah I would say that I was on about an ounce of food very early on post surgery. My dietician advised that I make some purée food and freeze it in a ice cube tray, so I started on 1 ice cube per meal. I went up to three-four towards the end of the purée phase. My eating issues came when I went onto soft food phase but I must admit over the last day or two things are getting better and I'm not getting as many problems as I did. But I have slowed down between mouthfuls which has helped I'm using the 30-30-30 rule. I feel like an idiot with a stopwatch in front of me but it works lol

For constipation issues I recommend glycerine suppositories. They can be used daily to help you stay regular, and usually work within 30 minutes. But be warned they help you go, they don't soften anything up, if a softener is needed senna is good. If you need a bit of dynamite, dulcolax do some bisacodyl suppositories that are supposed to be very effective.

Mmm loving the toilet talk! But someone before mentioned hiccups- are they a sign of eating too fast bec I get them after every meal!!

Back