• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does tier 4 work at l and d hospital?

natnat92

I'm on the tier 4 now at l and d, I meet the surgeon for the first time in April, is it at this appointment they discuss when you have the operation or do I have more appointments before they decide when? It's a question that's been boggling my mind hope someone can help me Xx

Maria61

I'm on the tier 4 now at l and d, I meet the surgeon for the first time in April, is it at this appointment they discuss when you have the operation or do I have more appointments before they decide when? It's a question that's been boggling my mind hope someone can help me Xx
Hi Nat I met a surgeon at the beginning of tier 4 at Luton. He was a medical doctor who assessed if I was fit for surgery. Then 3 months after that I had the group MDT meeting which was 3 hours long and invoked talks by bariatric nurse, dietician and psychologist. 3 months after that I met the bariatric surgeon and anaesthetist and 3 months after that I had my surgery. The timings might be different now but that is it in a nutshell. Good luck to you xxxx

natnat92

Thankyou that's really helpful my appointment coming up is the one with the anaesthetic doctor and surgeon so it's good to know that my surgery won't be too far behind that appointment x