• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did you take off work?

mandym1

Can anyone who has had the bypass tell me how long they were off work and did you tell your employers what you were having done?

I took 3 weeks off....

Told them I was having an operation......didn't tell them what for, was none of their business!

Depends on the person i think, some on here only had 2 wks off but other had 4. Its up to you if u tell your boss hun, no-ones business but yours.

hey mandy

how are you?

i have told my employers that i am having gastric bypass. I wasnt going to tell them but then I thought that when I come back to work they are going to find out probably because its kind of visible. I have to say my line manager and the few colleagues that I have told have been amazingly supportive and really excited for me.

In relation to time off..... I am having my op on Thur - finish up work on Tues so I can fly to Birmingham on Wed. Vitaclinics have told me they will give me a note for 4 weeks off work. I am hoping that I will be able to get back after that

xx

I've told anyone who'll listen :D I'm not bothered, I this its fascinating and amazing and am spreading the word. I took 8 weeks off in total and loved every minute. I do get full pay tho which made a huge difference xx

I took 10 weeks of work (heavy job pushing hoists with clients about) I told my employer I was having surgery. I got full pay for 10 weeks and also my sickness cover payed my morgage so I was quids in as well

I took 3 weeks off & yes I told my manager but wish I hadn't as he betrayed my trust by announcing in a managers meeting why I was off.

I'm still seething about this & still haven't decided whether or not to take the matter further. Especially as I had explained to him & a senior manager why I didn't want anyone to know. My senior manager said she totally understood & could see no reason why anyone needed to know!!

Can anyone who has had the bypass tell me how long they were off work and did you tell your employers what you were having done?

Until it was actually done I only told my managing director who I report directly to. Post op I told everybody. I was off work two weeks

Hi Mandy,

I am very lucky as i work from home and the OH is my boss, but i would say at least 3 weeks, just by how i felt, i got very tired very easy and would feel exhausted so quickly, you have also got to think about what sort of job you do aswell, see what the longest you can financially take off and what your work will allow and if you feel better sooner then you can sign yourself off, but dont rush it, it takes your body a long time to heal and you need time to get used to the changes. Good luck xx

I dont get paid when I'm off sick but will save up so I'm covered for a few weeks. I wont be telling my employers I will just say its for an operation maybe I will tell them afterwards.
My job is office work so a lot of time sat on my bum :character00148:
x

Back