• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long until you got engaged................

Meggie

Hey,
Weird question. How long did you wait until you got engaged? And how long did you wait until you then got married??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

J-Mo

I got engaged after being together 13years then kicked him out 9 weeks after that!! Ha, ha

Best you wish u neva asked now!! I think everyone is different & its down to personal choice.

Meggie

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Was it the best choice you ever made though? I agree that everyone is different!!!!

I'm a bit tipsy and just wondering to be honest!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

J-Mo

Yes, I should have booted him out years before but it was a very violent relationship. The only reason I said yes was cos he proposed in front of our kids on Xmas day!! I finally managed to get him out 9weeks later on my 30th birthday!!

I remember someone once telling me that you usually get married within year of engagement, but I'm not sure of any protocol!!

Enjoy ur tipple.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Meggie

Me and my OH got engaged after a year - that was five years ago! We are not married and tbh dont think we ever will, I married for love the first time and really dont feel the need too this time.

Are you thinking of taking the plunge? x

dawny

i got engaged 6 weeks after meeting my hubby, and we got married a year to the day after that. after having 4 children together, who are now grown up, i left him after 30 yrs. that was 4 and a half years ago. we are still really good friends, and get on better now than we have for years.

phatmomma

Right, me and Trev met early Nov 2008, he moved in before the Christmas and we were engaged the following March and then married last Halloween!

Whereas my first husband we got engaged within a year had a child, got married 4 years later and after 22 yrs together he was history after bonking my best friend! Good riddance to bad rubbish. Am hopeful that this marriage will be forever and ever, but wonder sometimes if fairy tales exist.......

lisa x

is very happy!
I have been with my other half for 21 years....
never got engaged and never got married either..:cool:
happily living together for 19 years.

so not sure how long you should wait to get engaged ...lol

PurpleKylie22

I have been with my OH for 4 years, moved in a year ago and still not engaged.
With my ex we got engaged before I met him (t'internet) and got married a month after I did. In contrast my mum and dad were together for over 20 years before they got married - never really got engaged. He died a year after they got married so my mum is very happy they did do it.

Mixman

I'd been with my girlfriend for nearly 5 years until I proposed.

It's not that I didn't want to but I wanted to get my operation safely over with and know that everything was 'OK' before asking her :)

cherry

i got engaged at new years eve then married in the aug!!! hahhahahaha xx while preg with my first baby but didnt know ha x

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

We didn't bother with engagement and got married 2 years after we started seeing each other. Have been married for 17 years x

Meggie

I should add I'm not getting engaged!!! One of my friends got engaged last night (congrats!!! woohoo!!!) and it just got me wondering!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thinnerangela

First contacted hubby in the May, met in the July, proposed in the October, engaged on my 30th birthday in the January and married in the September.

That was 22/23 years ago

Had a blip in the middle where we lived apart but had very regular contact through his alcoholism for 7 years but back together now

Awwwwwwwwwww

xxx

fatbutnot4long

me and greg have been together so since we were 17 .. got engaged at 21 and married at 22... im 25 soon so nearly been married 3 years. x

J-Mo

After being single for 7 years (LOVED BEING SINGLE!!), I met my fella & we've been together for 3 & 1/2 years. Don't live together, got no plans to get engaged or married!! I'm too independent, stubborn & set in my ways.......... Ha, ha

Meggie

I must admit that I'd never even considered getting married until this year. I think watching my friends getting married this year just got me thinking!! I think getting married is quite important to him and I actually like the idea now.

Oooooooooooooh think of the beautiful dress!!!!

Meggie

We have joked about getting married and he has "set a date" for the 28th of July 2012! Watch this space!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!