• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Long....

Mrs Quiggle

Does your hair fall out for and how long before it grows back again. Anyone know. I've got very fine hair and it's got very thin now and even Tim remarked on how thin it was getting yesterday and usually when I'm be-moaning it, he says it doesn't notice. I'm keeping it in a very short bob to try and keep it looking good but its starting to lack lustre now and it's always been my crowning glory :sigh: I know it will grow back but would just be nice to have a rough time frame. It's been falling out for a couple of months now.

I'm still at the fine hair stage. I look bald if I brush Italy back. I'm taking Selenium plus zinc ans spray my head with rosemary oil mixed in water. Don't know weather it's helping or not!!! I use a volumising mouse after I've washed it and that does make a difference.
I've been told 3-6 months X

Mine started thinning at 3/4 months and came back at about 9 months.It all depends whatgrowth stage your hair is at when you have your op.It scares you but does come back!Mine seems to be coarser now though through lack of vits etc so keep up the supplements and milk.On the plus side my previously weak nails are like talons now!

My surgeon told me from around 3 months to 9 months and that sea kelp can help. I've also know some people to use men's rogaine, whether it helps or not I don't know.

My hair was steadily growing back at 9 months and is now back to pre-op (13 months out). during the time I was losing hair I used volumising shampoos and also root volumiser spray or mousse when blow drying - that and a good cut from the hairdresser and it was only obvious to those that knew me quite well.

It is hard going through it, but most people I know seem to have their hair back by about 9-10 months post op.

I've just mentioned this on another post,
Buy yourself a tangle teezer brush to prevent stress to your hair.
They are brill x

My hair has stopped loosing so much now 6+months post op. As my hair isn't as greasy as it was pre op, I only wash it every 3rd day and this seems to be fine. You can also buy dry shampoo which will help too :)

My hair has been falling out for about the last 3 months, and it was really thin to start with - so am very worried, where can you get the tangle teaser from - not heard of that before,

Well I'm 7 n half months out n it's still coming out....everywhere!

I'm 9 months post op!

My hair is still coming out but not like it was 6 months ago my house is not like I have molted all over it anymore, it's slowed down and it's thickening up x

It will start soon I guess everyone is different x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back