• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daily carbs & fat

It's not unheard of Jo, are you sure you're eating enough food? less than 900 calories will put you into starvation mode and you'll stop losing as your body tries to hang onto every ounce.

Often just upping your protein intake will trick your body into letting go. Maybe just change what you eat for a day or two, eat a little more maybe. I'm sure it will be fine. Just stop stressing about it because doesn't help either and can halt weight loss.

You have all the time in the world to make it happen and it will happen trust me, it always does in the end. My mate Brooks from the USA lost nothing for ten weeks and thought she was done, then it just kicked off again and she's now below goal, so worry not its not a race xxx

I always try to ensure I get at least 70grams of protein per day but I'm know I'm not getting enough calories which is what I'm working hard on upping. To make things worse I didn't realise I wasn't eating enough I exercising to try & kick start my weight loss.

I was worried that at 15 weeks post op that I hadn't lost anything for 7 weeks, so I've not lost an inch or lb since week 8 post op.

Its disheartening but I'm determined to make it work.

Thanks
Jacci ;)

I always try to ensure I get at least 70grams of protein per day but I'm know I'm not getting enough calories which is what I'm working hard on upping. To make things worse I didn't realise I wasn't eating enough I exercising to try & kick start my weight loss.

I was worried that at 15 weeks post op that I hadn't lost anything for 7 weeks, so I've not lost an inch or lb since week 8 post op.

Its disheartening but I'm determined to make it work.

Thanks
Jacci ;)

Its a common mistake Jo people up their exercise and make matters worse, if your body needs at least 900 calories and you eat 1000 but then burn 400 doing exercise then you leave only 600 to fuel your body, the result is it tries to hold onto everything its got and you stop losing weight.

Its hard for us to grasp but WLS patients need to add calories when we are working out if we want to lose weight

Jacci, Ive just got back from my appointment with the dietician and told him how much protein I was having and he said Im having too much :eek: Ive been told (cant remember who by though lol) 70-90g protein a day...so being aparanoid about going bald Ive been stuffing protein down me like its going out of fashion!! He said Nooooooo!! 60-70g per day....anymore will add to your calorie intake! So have a go at that and see if that helps....he also said 2 portions of carbs is good too...1/2 a pitta is a prtion for eg. Plenty of fruit and veg obviously....a plate should be 1/4 meat 1/4 carb and 1/2 vegetables.....I usually try and do that anyway. :D Good Luck hun XX

Last edited:
Its a website Wendy, type myfitnesspal.com and you will get it....you fill in all your details, weight etc and then fill in your diary of food every day :D XX

I'm allergic to crab....:D

Me either lol,.... I cant imagine how mingin it must be...little creachers crawling about in your nether regions :eek: Urrggghhhh!! XX

Back