• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many g's of carbs per day?

Sarahj2710

Hi guys

How many grams of carbs is acceptable per day, I am eating about 50-70g per day with about 60-70g of protein, is this too much? Maybe why I am not losing anything? Aaaaagggghhhh

I make sure I have over 60g of protein a day and sometimes it's up to c 120g. I never worry about the carbs or fat level so long as I focus on protein first ... It's not been an issue for me to worry about. I have lost almost every week, so long as protein was ok. My dietician told me off for reducing carbs too much at the beginning of my journey. Not sure if it's different for sleevers/wrappers/banders/bypassers or if it's just an individual thing.

I focus more on my protein than anything else, I try for 70-90grams of protein daily, but have found by keeping my carb intake moderate (20-40)grams daily, then that is when I lose weight. It seems if I up the carbs too much then weight loss really slows or stops, but that could probably be just peculiar to me not sure..

Uuummm, I think that the cause of severe tiredness is because lack of carbs, but don't know for sure... Did you contact our team about your concers Amanda??

My dr told me :

2-3 60g portions of protein a day.

30-60g of milk and dairy a day

4-5 portions of fruit and veg a day

60-90g of carbs a day

Seems a lot of protein lol

Thanks for that lottie, that does seem like a LOT of protein, I can just about manage 60-70g per day.

Im still on liquid so haven't started on food yet. Will double check with him otherwise I'm gonna be eating 3 whole chickens a day ! Lol

I managed to speak to the bariatric nurse today Sarah, and basically she said that what i was eating was fine if it wasnt making me sick or getting stuck that was great, I couldnt get to speak to the teams dietician... But she just said if i still had concerns then they would address them at my post op checkup on the 27th... xx

Lottie, I thought that sounded like a lot of protein, you'd be clucking.. Lolxxx

Amanda, lad you were able to speak to the nurse, and she has reassured you a bit, and you'll get some answers on the 27th. How acre you feeling now, are you a bit more positive lovely?

Back