• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Much Have U Lost & Wen Was Ur Surgery

purple_rain

As the title says interested in hearing your sucess stories so would love to know wat ur surgery date was and how much weight uve lost since if ur willing to share :) xx :)

My surgery was in March 2012. I have lost 11 stone in total 2 pre op. The rest post op. x

Nearly 13 stone since July 2011. Still losing but very, very slowly.
I am a bypasser
xx

Lost 11.5 stone now, bypass in April 2012

Debbie, you're doing so amazingly well! 19lbs in less then 4 weeks. I've "only" lost 16lbs in the exact same amount of time.

Thanks lamb, yes I am very happy with my losses, but 16lbs is still a great loss. We all lose at different rates and so far have not experienced a stall of more than a couple of days, so I'm expecting to be hit by a few weeks stall soon; in which time you will probably overtake me. xxx

bypass

Nearly 13 stone since July 2011. Still losing but very, very slowly.
I am a bypasser
xx
you are doing absolutely brilliant my doctor mentioned bypass to me and i am researchin it i am over 22 stones would you reccomend it, have you done exercise and is there alot of loose skin, x

you are doing absolutely brilliant my doctor mentioned bypass to me and i am researchin it i am over 22 stones would you reccomend it, have you done exercise and is there alot of loose skin, x

Thanks Tracey. Yes-I would recommend it because it has worked for me. Other surgeries work for other people though. I started of being interested in the band but I have to say I saw so many that had slipped, and read about fills and realised it was absolutley not for me. It's not as drastic as bypass and does a great job for a lot of people but I couldn't reconcile myself to it at all. The sleeve was never mentioned but lots of people have done very well with sleeves too.
I exercised as son as I could get out of the hospital bed. I was in a few days as I was a bit poorly but I started walking while I was in there and never stopped. when I got down to about 17 stone I started running. I love running but can't do that just now because I have a bad back.
I do have loose skin which I absolutley hate. But, as my DH has pointed out tonight it really is not as bad as I should have expected. As long as I wear tights, a good bra and something with sleeves I can even rock a short skirt !
My saddest thing is my face which I have to say looks much older then it did when I was big. Even then, it doesn't look like a face of a woman that's lost nearly 13 stone.
I am much more confident, much happier and much healthier than I was pre-op. And I'm alive which I very well may not have been if it wasn't for this wonderful operation.
Very good luck on your journey hun xx

I had my band op in July 2011, got to target in 10 months then lost another two stones after that. Total lost and now maintained 10 1/2 stones.

I had a sleeve on 14 July. I was in size 30 trousers (eek), size 28 on top. I have lost 7.5 stones and I'm now a size 18 trousers, size 16-18 on top. Love my sleeve :)

Back