• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much weight?

Mary chaney

Hello so I have a rough idea of what to expect I was wondering how much weight you had to lose after the first appointment.

Hello so I have a rough idea of what to expect I was wondering how much weight you had to lose after the first appointment.
I had no specific figure, I just had to prove I could do it and sustain it through the process from first appointment to being put on the waiting list, which took about 18 months. Different hospitals have different criteria and depends on your current BMI and history, and some want you to do special diets for a set period.

You could probably get brownie points if you can get some off between GP writing referral letter and first appointment at hospital, if your criteria fit you going straight to tier 4.

Just following as I'm new and don't know how it all works I'm only as far as doctor referral and I've only just learnt just because you qualify and get referred doesn't mean you will get the surgery I'm trying to find out what the process is from referral up I know I have to do some group meeting and see dietician as my doctor told me that but I'm clueless to anything more

Back