• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am pretty sure this is wind pain

BigDee's now little

I am 4 days post op and I have been plagued today with what I think is wind pain, it's a cross between indigestion and having a brick in my chest. I don't feel unwell just bloody uncomftable. Either that or its my body telling me to stop drinking as this comes on after about 50mls of fluid, even taken very slowly as recommended.
I am doing the sip, wait 5 mins sip and so far today have managed a total of 1 litre of fluid, plus 2 small actimels, 2 tablespoons of tomato soup and 1 teaspoon greek yoghurt. What are the thoughts of you longer term wrappers?

I did try a cup of mint tea but made it worse, deflatine did help a bit x

Definately sounds like wind pain Dee. I felt the same, it lasts up to 2 weeks I found. Moving around helps to shift it. Oddly worse after drinking. I used windeze but deflatine is much the same. Smile through it like a baby with wind :) It will go.

Hi Dee and Welcome Back.

I am now almost 4 weeks post-op and if I drink/eat too fast, I get exactly the same symptoms you are describing.

I am now on my first week of 'mush' food and once again Im having to start at the beginning. A few times Ive eaten too quickly/a little too much and the brick appears, sometimes its there for half an hour, sometimes it there for several hours (sorry)

I have REALLY had to slow down, obviously pre-wrap I just shovelled the food in, now I have to be aware of how Im drinking and eating.

It will ease Im quite sure, but I think you have to find the happy medium for your own body and wrap, I found that just walking about helped a little bit.

My first week at home was the worst and I wondered if the indigestion would ever go away, but each time I have it, its not as bad as the last time and now Im finding I go a few days and then.....Ooops I do it again!

Sorry I cant be more help to you, but I hope your brick moves along quickly as you get more into the swing of things.

xx

Back