• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am the only one?

Sorry to bore you but feeling really low today. I feel that I shouldn't be having the operation as I'm not worth it and It's just going to make people like me less than they already do when they find out at work as they are so judgemental. Did or does anyone else feel like this? Or am I just being pathetic?

Course you're worth it, you are doing this for you nt others, stay positive.

It sounds to me like you've got more going on than pre-op blues, and it sounds like you don't like yourself very much, so think that others won't like you either. I felt like this for a very long time, and being almost 30stone at one point made those feelings even worse and often questioned my place on this planet. You're not pathetic, you've started the journey to make yourself better, and I assume that you're doing that for you. You are not alone in your thinking and you just need to remember that you ARE sooooooo worth it. Good luck with your surgery, and beyond. Xx

Is it necessary for people at work to like you to work with you? Having your family and friends supporting you is far more important than the opinion of a bunch of judemental people at work, and why would you want people like that as friends anyway.

You are doing this for you, of course you are worth it, and after your op, when you realise just how worth it you were, you will find so many new friends and people who like you you won't know how to keep up with them all xx

In the immortal words of L'Oreal 'you're worth it'. It is only natural to have ups & downs pre & post op but just look at these threads on here. We can't all be wrong? You will get through this just try to keep positive & focus on that weight loss & the new life you will have & deserve. Good luck.

Yes you are worth it. Simple trick, head up,shoulders back, deep breath and smile. If you act proud and tall you'll feel it. Tracey xxxxx

Thanks everyone I guess I'm just having a wobble x

as the quote goes . . ."people who matter don't mind and those who mind . .dont matter" and this is so very true. I used to feel like you, that nothing I did was worth it. And even tho I don't "love me", I do like who I am, and that I've now gotten to a place where I want to get beyond that, and do things for me. I had my band fitted yesterday, but it actually took me over 7 years to get to this point for various reasons.

People are judgemental out of ignorance, because they do not understand or "get it", they don't know the battles we face or the things that we do or need to. They really don't matter.

It is times such as these we find out who are real friends are too . . .

Do this for you, and I hope that in time, you will have that belief that you ARE worth it . .

Shout or PM me if you ever want to chat

Kat x

Anyone who judges you badly for having your op, really isn't worth your time and effort!
Your op is your way of taking control and taking your life back....it's a great thing you're doing, you should be proud of yourself!
Stay strong and lots of luck!
Em xxxx

You guys are brilliant. It's so nice to chat with people that get it!

Hune once you Have lost the Weight you"l feel so much better so yes its worth it. and so are you. Dare to dream imagine how you'll feel when u r slimmer and wearing pretty things. Yes u t worth it. And you CSN do it!

If they feel they must judge you then they are not worth knowing I accept people for who they are not what there looks or vices are
To many people judge before they think

They're not friends just nasty *****y colleagues that are judgemental. I just don't need or want the grief

indeed they are, not worth bothering or worrying about . . .but, I understand why it does make you feel as you do.

And if you've been made to feel you're not worth it throughout life, or you lack in self esteem as well, then it can be a harder battle to believe that we deserve to do something for us, something that may benefit us. . . .

Who said that lol

Back