• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its me back ......

J-Mo

:wave_cry:

Sorry I've not been around but I'm having a really, really bad time. I've managed to get past the constant sickly feeling although I had bad episode at work on Monday.

But I feel more tired & lethargic now than I did before & just after my bypass.

I've lost no weight for 3 weeks which is pathetic so soon after surgery.

I'm going on my power plate & stepper but its had no effect.

Before anyone asks I've not slipped into old/bad habits & couldn't even if I wanted to as luckily for me, I dump very easily! God knows I've wanted to binge but I swear I have not.

I feel a bit better getting this off my chest :rolleyes:

I'm stressed about Xmas so I'm working overtime.

I knew I be THE ONE that a bypass wouldnt work for.

Please don't tell me to ring my team 'cos I've tried & they never ring back!!

Sorry I'm just whinge whinge whinge but I'm feeling low.

Hope everyone is having a better time than me. My thoughts are with Charis who seems to have personal problems which make mine pale in significance.

Right Mrs, you are not the one that the bypass didnt work for...and if you are then I am too! I havnt lost for 2 weeks either and I know people say dont worry about it but its so hard not to. Like you said though you havnt slipped into bad habits and neither have I so eventually the scales will move for both of us. I keep going to ring the dietician but then dont because deep down I know stalls happen at every stage along the way so I just need to be patient (not my strongest point!) I can eat more than I expected to so I keep thinking is it because of that or is it because of something else, we are torturing oursleves and we need to stop!! We will loose weight, and we will look back and wonder what we were worried about (I hope) and if we dont you and I are going to do a sit in at our respective hospitals and demand to be re-done :D XXX

Right Mrs, you are not the one that the bypass didnt work for...and if you are then I am too! I havnt lost for 2 weeks either and I know people say dont worry about it but its so hard not to. Like you said though you havnt slipped into bad habits and neither have I so eventually the scales will move for both of us. I keep going to ring the dietician but then dont because deep down I know stalls happen at every stage along the way so I just need to be patient (not my strongest point!) I can eat more than I expected to so I keep thinking is it because of that or is it because of something else, we are torturing oursleves and we need to stop!! We will loose weight, and we will look back and wonder what we were worried about (I hope) and if we dont you and I are going to do a sit in at our respective hospitals and demand to be re-done :D XXX

What are we like?

I suppose I was expecting too much, or was I?

My team at work has been nominated for a customer services award so we have a big posh function to attend on 26th Nov. I had been looking forward to being slimmer & feeling better about myself so I might attend a social function for the first time in years!! But I'm going to decline my invitation.

I feel so pathetic & useless!!!!!

Thanks for your support Jacqui, it means a lot to me.

We support one another hun, you are not pathetic or useless we just want it so bad we want to loose a stone a month lol......my daughter just had a go at me because my son told her Im weighing every morning :eek: She also reminded me that since after the op I havnt had a period so it could be that.....whatever it is I wish it would just *oooook off :D and take your lbs with it too :D XX

We support one another hun, you are not pathetic or useless we just want it so bad we want to loose a stone a month lol......my daughter just had a go at me because my son told her Im weighing every morning :eek: She also reminded me that since after the op I havnt had a period so it could be that.....whatever it is I wish it would just *oooook off :D and take your lbs with it too :D XX

So do I!! I've got mirena coil so can't blame periods 'cos I don't have them....

Just read this Jacci....

I think your weightloss is great, you are well below me and I'd be so happy to be in your shoes love... if I were younger... I'd doll myself up, treat myself to a hairdo and go and strut my stuff... you would probably feel better for going... as for the weightloss... it's not exactly 'slimming' weather right now, but you are going down not up and by this time next year you'll all be shadows of your former selves... don't waste life and opportunities, you are a stunning looking woman Jacci as is our Jac and try not to waste time but enjoy what you have got... time flies as I know and if I had my years again... I would be enjoying myself more than I have...

Go for it and enjoy yourself. Love and hugs always xxx

Just read this Jacci....

I think your weightloss is great, you are well below me and I'd be so happy to be in your shoes love... if I were younger... I'd doll myself up, treat myself to a hairdo and go and strut my stuff... you would probably feel better for going... as for the weightloss... it's not exactly 'slimming' weather right now, but you are going down not up and by this time next year you'll all be shadows of your former selves... don't waste life and opportunities, you are a stunning looking woman Jacci as is our Jac and try not to waste time but enjoy what you have got... time flies as I know and if I had my years again... I would be enjoying myself more than I have...

Go for it and enjoy yourself. Love and hugs always xxx

Thanks Bev. I know you are right but I just can't do it! I'm only 1lb lighter than you & 6 weeks post op tomorrow.

I suppose I sound like a selfish, petulant brat but I do honestly appreciate & I'm extremely grateful for my bypass, its just not working for me. I can't eat any less than I currently am.

As Dottychic says, although we all dread them we know stalls are very common at any stage, but seems particularly prevalent soon after surgery...presumably while our bodies are getting used to the whole thing. That said, I can totally understand your frustration and feel your misery....we all have such high hopes for ourselves after surgery and we are our own worst critics. All I can suggest, hard as it may be, is to ficus on how well you have done so far, and to look at ways you can improve getting food & fluids in...I know how hard it is for me to eat & keep hydrated at work and I am not tied to a phone all day like you are hon. I wonder whether this stall could be attributed to the fact that you may not be eating or drinking enough, particularly in light of the fact that you have been feeling so sick. Please don't be too hard on yourself, I am positive your weight loss will begin again soon.

As Dottychic says, although we all dread them we know stalls are very common at any stage, but seems particularly prevalent soon after surgery...presumably while our bodies are getting used to the whole thing. That said, I can totally understand your frustration and feel your misery....we all have such high hopes for ourselves after surgery and we are our own worst critics. All I can suggest, hard as it may be, is to ficus on how well you have done so far, and to look at ways you can improve getting food & fluids in...I know how hard it is for me to eat & keep hydrated at work and I am not tied to a phone all day like you are hon. I wonder whether this stall could be attributed to the fact that you may not be eating or drinking enough, particularly in light of the fact that you have been feeling so sick. Please don't be too hard on yourself, I am positive your weight loss will begin again soon.

Thanks Angie, I know I sound soooo ungrateful. I can handle the sickness, not being able to go for a meal, not drinking etc. That doesn't phase me in he slightest, its the fact that I'm doing everything right (or as right as I can) but I've not lost anything for 3 weeks in a row!!

How are you doing anyway? Better than me I hope :p

I think what is make me worse is my mate is home from Dubai in few weeks. I've mentioned her a few times on her before, although she is a lovely person & I love her to bits. She has the lifestyle most of us could only dream of. Fabulous house, size 6, doesn't work, husband that adores her, 2 lovely kids, nanny, maid, lives in the sun etc. But she's lost touch with reality!! If she asks me once more how much I've lost I'll strangle her. Her latest thing is asking what size will I be a Xmas?! Will I be a size 12!!?? I F**KING WISH!!!!!!

Sorry rant over.........:rolleyes:

Jacci... it'll work in the longer term and I've put a few pounds on precious whilst I've been unwell.

I know it's tough. Do you have a good pal... you can have a good night out with?

You really do have a lot going for you and by this time next year... it'll be a very different story... we've got to get a grip and start going upwards... we can do it.

Wish I was up in the north east... I'd be shouting you thru your letter box to get your glad rags on and we'd be off!

Loving hugs Jacci... I know life has been so tough recently for you Angel... if you are only dolling your self up to go into work that's a start and this weightloss is going to happen... it's likely to be hormones which are a nuisance...

Come on Angel... I'm sending you a humungous hug... we'll get there. xxx

Jacci, I have a Mirena coil too and I hardly have periods, but even when I dont have one I still get the fluid retention and even if its only a bit of spotting it does still act like a normal period as regards weight gain. I learned this at SW, whenever I was due a period I wouldnt loose weight and in summer I always held fluid when I was due so it could be that too. What I forgot to mention too was that I have been filling in myfitnesspal every day for at least 10 days and every day without fail when I add up my totals it tells me I am not eating enough calories and my body will go into starvation mode and make it hard to loose weight! Yet I feel I eat more than I thought I would after surgery.......wow its just a minefield and like Angie says stalls are very common soon after surgery......just our luck mate :eek: XX

J-Mo i wish i lived closer to you! I'd so kick you up the backside and tell you off..........

Firstly the tiredness, for crying out loud you've recently had major surgery and it catches up with you, especially when you've gone back to work so quickly.

Secondly i had stalls early out as you are, it doesn't mean it's not working, it means your body is been a crafty little wotsit and is fighting the fat burner in you. Unfortunately your body will soon learn that it can have these little battles and might win for a week or two but then you are gonna kick fat again :)

I also note you say you couldn't eat less if you tried? Maybe thats some of the problem? You have to put petrol in the car for it to work :)

Lastly, you may have the merina coil so don't have periods but your body still has all the hormones and fluid retention still......

Get as much rest as you can, when you can! Try and keep the fluid intake well and also eat little and often, as experienced bypassers will tell you, newly bypassed little n often is a good thing xxxx

ps, sorry for telling you off but its because i know you are going to succeed and feel absolutely marvellous, please keep the faith, you are so going to the ball xxx

Absolutely... you are going to have a ball Jacci... but your body's been through the mill and still is recovering... it's time and your body won't like this lack of food, it'll be retaining... take a look at what you are eating precious... xxx

Pmsl, please don't worry, you rant away missus, that's what we are all here for! I don't think you sound ungrateful at all, I really don't, you sound a weary and down, which of course is going to make everything feel 100 times worse anyway. I really do feel for you about your mate...if you really love her & can't do without seeing her on her trip to the UK, then I would suggest some straight talking to advise her that her support is what you need, need pressure in the form of 'Are you going to be a stick insect when I see you next?'. I personally feel this is exactly the type of pressure we can do without, hence why I told so few people, as a smack in the mouth often offends! xxx

Jacci... it'll work in the longer term and I've put a few pounds on precious whilst I've been unwell.

I know it's tough. Do you have a good pal... you can have a good night out with?

You really do have a lot going for you and by this time next year... it'll be a very different story... we've got to get a grip and start going upwards... we can do it.

Wish I was up in the north east... I'd be shouting you thru your letter box to get your glad rags on and we'd be off!

Loving hugs Jacci... I know life has been so tough recently for you Angel... if you are only dolling your self up to go into work that's a start and this weightloss is going to happen... it's likely to be hormones which are a nuisance...

Come on Angel... I'm sending you a humungous hug... we'll get there. xxx

Thanks Bev, I feel so bad for sound ungrateful which is not the case at all.

I'll see how I feel this time next week & whether I should get my gladrags on.

Jacci, I have a Mirena coil too and I hardly have periods, but even when I dont have one I still get the fluid retention and even if its only a bit of spotting it does still act like a normal period as regards weight gain. I learned this at SW, whenever I was due a period I wouldnt loose weight and in summer I always held fluid when I was due so it could be that too. What I forgot to mention too was that I have been filling in myfitnesspal every day for at least 10 days and every day without fail when I add up my totals it tells me I am not eating enough calories and my body will go into starvation mode and make it hard to loose weight! Yet I feel I eat more than I thought I would after surgery.......wow its just a minefield and like Angie says stalls are very common soon after surgery......just our luck mate :eek: XX

Thanks Dotty. I do sometimes get a few period symptoms just before my pay day which happens to be next Friday, so maybe its that.

I'm going to get some ketosis (think thats how u spell it) sticks which u wee on & it tells you whether your losing weight or not. People use them when they do the Atkins diet.

Reactions: Bev
J-Mo, looking at your stats you have done very well. You have lost 42lbs so far. Having a job where you are forced to sit for most of the day will make it harder for you as well. I didn't lose a lot prior to my surgery, but, luckily for me, the car has not been working so I have been forced to walk. Something I used to avoid like the plague due to pain and discomfort. I'm sure it is this that has helped my weight loss so far. I'm waiting for the stall once my body is used to it.

J-Mo and Jacquie, give yourselves a pat on the back. You haven't put on weight just stalled. I'm sure that prior to your surgery it would have been a different story. I'm sure that very soon you will both have a pleasant surprise when you stand on the scales. You are both beautiful people with warm personalities. Don't beat yourself up. As Angie suggests, the stall could be due to dehydration. How is your protein intake, as that can also affect weight loss? As Bev said the weather also has an effect on us.

Sending you all lots of hugs and kisses.

love

Rebirthxx

Reactions: Bev
You are not ungrateful love... you've been through a lot in a short space of time... pick another pal who you know and get your best frock and makeup on...

You're a stunning looking lady and it's all going to get better for you.

Your poor body must feel upside down with one thing and another...

Really do wish I was nearer... we'd give each other a good kick... I've put a few pounds on too and I'm fighting to go down as well...

We will are on our way... your body will work with you and it'll all get to fall in place.

Love and hugs Jacci xxx

J-Mo i wish i lived closer to you! I'd so kick you up the backside and tell you off..........

Firstly the tiredness, for crying out loud you've recently had major surgery and it catches up with you, especially when you've gone back to work so quickly.

Secondly i had stalls early out as you are, it doesn't mean it's not working, it means your body is been a crafty little wotsit and is fighting the fat burner in you. Unfortunately your body will soon learn that it can have these little battles and might win for a week or two but then you are gonna kick fat again :)

I also note you say you couldn't eat less if you tried? Maybe thats some of the problem? You have to put petrol in the car for it to work :)

Lastly, you may have the merina coil so don't have periods but your body still has all the hormones and fluid retention still......

Get as much rest as you can, when you can! Try and keep the fluid intake well and also eat little and often, as experienced bypassers will tell you, newly bypassed little n often is a good thing xxxx

ps, sorry for telling you off but its because i know you are going to succeed and feel absolutely marvellous, please keep the faith, you are so going to the ball xxx

Thanks Phatmomma. You never fail to make me laugh or at least put a smile on my face ;)

I am eating little & often as this helps ease the sickly feeling. I suppose I'm not getting any younger either & I do expect too much of myself. I'm also an impatient so 'n' so.

I work with some extremely glamorous young people so the thought of me waddling along behind them as the token fat lass, just makes me feel so depressed. Normally I'd have a good drink for courage/moral support/confidence then become the funny fat lass!! Only this time I don't have my alcohol 'crutch' as I can't drink!! Ha, ha

Jacci... if you don't go to the works do... go to somewhere else and start wearing your smaller size glad rags and get your make up out... you really could do with a lift Angel... love you xxx

Back