• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its me back ......

Pmsl, please don't worry, you rant away missus, that's what we are all here for! I don't think you sound ungrateful at all, I really don't, you sound a weary and down, which of course is going to make everything feel 100 times worse anyway. I really do feel for you about your mate...if you really love her & can't do without seeing her on her trip to the UK, then I would suggest some straight talking to advise her that her support is what you need, need pressure in the form of 'Are you going to be a stick insect when I see you next?'. I personally feel this is exactly the type of pressure we can do without, hence why I told so few people, as a smack in the mouth often offends! xxx

Ha, ha!! Angie, she is now so far detached from reality that she has no idea of living in the real world. She is just so selfish & self-absorbed. When I do put her straight she tries to turn it around & I'm picking on her!!

But rest assured she'll know exactly how I feel when I see her. Its a bit ironic that our first night out is known locally as 'black eye Friday', 'cos everyone goes out early straight from work after breaking up for Xmas holidays! :D

lol, I love the sound of that...'black eye Friday'...pmsl! Well I'm hoping you will see how well you have already done in a few weeks time...I mean you've already lost 3 stone which is amazing...! As for your mate, well she's got a privileged life so I'm sure she'll get over whatever home truths you feel you need to tell her hon!xxx

Hi lovies iv just been reading this and you lot can be so funny you know lol

Jmo darling, im understanding so much what you are saying and i am thinking of you too.

You have been given some great advise from the others and you should take it all on board.

You and me and all of us are going to achieve all that we have set out to do. We will all succeed in the end but some faster than others.

Your weight will start dropping of you again, and remember you have done so well so far.

You have had your ups and downs lately and that takes a toll on our bodys and the way we think too.

Things will start to change for you and quickly i hope.

You are a lovely person jmo and i am sending you lots of huggs to help cheer you up huggs, huggs, huggs. xxxxx

J-Mo, looking at your stats you have done very well. You have lost 42lbs so far. Having a job where you are forced to sit for most of the day will make it harder for you as well. I didn't lose a lot prior to my surgery, but, luckily for me, the car has not been working so I have been forced to walk. Something I used to avoid like the plague due to pain and discomfort. I'm sure it is this that has helped my weight loss so far. I'm waiting for the stall once my body is used to it.

J-Mo and Jacquie, give yourselves a pat on the back. You haven't put on weight just stalled. I'm sure that prior to your surgery it would have been a different story. I'm sure that very soon you will both have a pleasant surprise when you stand on the scales. You are both beautiful people with warm personalities. Don't beat yourself up. As Angie suggests, the stall could be due to dehydration. How is your protein intake, as that can also affect weight loss? As Bev said the weather also has an effect on us.

Sending you all lots of hugs and kisses.

love

Rebirthxx

Thanks Rebirth, I try to get at least 2 litres of water per day but must admit this week I have struggled. I get at least the recommended 60-70g of protein each day by drinking whey protein with milk & food high in protein.

Thanks everyone for your kind words & the kick up the ar*e that I need. Hopefully the weight will start to drop off soon ;)

sorry got no words of wisdom this time honey im all out of good cheer as you might have guessed from my text earlier this week .

i'm sure its to do with your vitamins and levels and hormones .

i know how down you feel i just want to give you a big hug - although cant cos you might catch the rash i am covered in !!!!! but hey it got my off work today so cant be too bad

You know where I am if you need me Chris. Take my mind off my own problems!!

In fact give me ur bosses address & I take my vent out on her!! I'll show her not to upset & pick on my mate ;)

hello j-mo,

Its been 8 weeks now for me,and Ive just booked myself into the doctors for a blood test as Im feeling very weak and tired at times.
I dont know if its my body not used to eating tiny amounts of food,or its the b12 I need.

But I had a weight stall,after about 4 week mark,and now Im steadily loosing qbout 4/6 lbs every 2 weeks.
And to me Im very happy loosing at this rate,as I wont loose my hair,and my skin can cope with my weightloss and not be too flabby!...lol

Things will work out right! youve had a great weight loss up to now,and its going to get better for all of us!!

take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

hello j-mo,

Its been 8 weeks now for me,and Ive just booked myself into the doctors for a blood test as Im feeling very weak and tired at times.
I dont know if its my body not used to eating tiny amounts of food,or its the b12 I need.

But I had a weight stall,after about 4 week mark,and now Im steadily loosing qbout 4/6 lbs every 2 weeks.
And to me Im very happy loosing at this rate,as I wont loose my hair,and my skin can cope with my weightloss and not be too flabby!...lol

Things will work out right! youve had a great weight loss up to now,and its going to get better for all of us!!

take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks. I'd be happy with a 1lb a week loss as long as it was a loss. I've said from the start I'd be happy losing it slowly 'cos of the reasons you've said. Its funny you mentioned the B12 injection as my GP has booked me in for mine 12th Jan but I was thinking of trying to get a sooner date.

Hi lovies iv just been reading this and you lot can be so funny you know lol

Jmo darling, im understanding so much what you are saying and i am thinking of you too.

You have been given some great advise from the others and you should take it all on board.

You and me and all of us are going to achieve all that we have set out to do. We will all succeed in the end but some faster than others.

Your weight will start dropping of you again, and remember you have done so well so far.

You have had your ups and downs lately and that takes a toll on our bodys and the way we think too.

Things will start to change for you and quickly i hope.

You are a lovely person jmo and i am sending you lots of huggs to help cheer you up huggs, huggs, huggs. xxxxx

You too are a lovely person Andrea & I sincerely wish you all the best with your surgery then weight loss.

In all honesty I think the return of a 60 hour week has taken its toll this week but needs must ;)

Thanks. I'd be happy with a 1lb a week loss as long as it was a loss. I've said from the start I'd be happy losing it slowly 'cos of the reasons you've said. Its funny you mentioned the B12 injection as my GP has booked me in for mine 12th Jan but I was thinking of trying to get a sooner date.

yes I would try for sooner,Im not supposed to get my checked till the 4 month,and im only 8 weeks out.
But some days Im sooo weak and tired and very pale.
So I just booked myself in with a nurse without asking a doctor first!
My health comes first,before a timescale x

yes I would try for sooner,Im not supposed to get my checked till the 4 month,and im only 8 weeks out.
But some days Im sooo weak and tired and very pale.
So I just booked myself in with a nurse without asking a doctor first!
My health comes first,before a timescale x

The dietician wrote to my GP & said I needed the injection but didn't say when, just said every 6 months!! That's Maureen all over!! GP & I just thought first one was 6 months from date of my bypass.

The dietician wrote to my GP & said I needed the injection but didn't say when, just said every 6 months!! That's Maureen all over!! GP & I just thought first one was 6 months from date of my bypass.

It's amazing the different after-care we get, isn't it? My GP has already told me she's ready to start jabbing me with B12 in 6 weeks! E-L could be right, perhaps it's a vitamin deficiency that could be making you feel so low hon xxx

Jacci - I feel for you hun x

I know how difficult it can be when your weight seems so obstinate and not moving, but I think everyone has given you some excellent advice; and in time your body will reajust. Its hard to be patient when your scales tell you the opposite to what you want or expect.

I`m not able to give you any advice as yet as I`m still a newbie as far as my op goes. And I`m not sure how a bypass differs much from a band in the early days after surgery, or even months down the line.

But I do understand how down you must feel when you have such expectations from your bypass; but give it some more time, don`t forget its not a race and in a few weeks you`ll be posting at how well its going for you.

Please, I really hope you start feeling more able to cope with it all soon, I want you to have huge cyber (((((hugs)))) from me.

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

60 HOURS!!!
no wonder you feeling tired!
When Ive been weak,Ive been having a choc strawberry bar from boots(88 cals) they are from shapers,how about taking one to work for a little lift?

I told my dietican Id been having one as a little treat when tired,and they are fine to have he said x

Jacci - I feel for you hun x

I know how difficult it can be when your weight seems so obstinate and not moving, but I think everyone has given you some excellent advice; and in time your body will reajust. Its hard to be patient when your scales tell you the opposite to what you want or expect.

I`m not able to give you any advice as yet as I`m still a newbie as far as my op goes. And I`m not sure how a bypass differs much from a band in the early days after surgery, or even months down the line.

But I do understand how down you must feel when you have such expectations from your bypass; but give it some more time, don`t forget its not a race and in a few weeks you`ll be posting at how well its going for you.

Please, I really hope you start feeling more able to cope with it all soon, I want you to have huge cyber (((((hugs)))) from me.

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Thanks KitKat, I must say I feel much brighter after posting here tonight & getting everyone's replies!!

Hope ur doing okay!

60 HOURS!!!
no wonder you feeling tired!
When Ive been weak,Ive been having a choc strawberry bar from boots(88 cals) they are from shapers,how about taking one to work for a little lift?

I told my dietican Id been having one as a little treat when tired,and they are fine to have he said x

I think I'll give them a go. I tried an Atkins one & nearly vomited!! Ha, ha

I think I'll give them a go. I tried an Atkins one & nearly vomited!! Ha, ha

Ive heard a lot of people say that on those,and they are exspensive.
You can get 5 bars of either choc/mint or choc/strawberry for 1.99 and they are yum!
not tryed the mint ones but getting some tommorow as they are a godsend when Im weak.

Back