• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Can't Keep Anything Down :(

Fading Grace

Fading Away
I'm not sure why this has suddenly started, but I am throwing up after every meal. I'm not doing anything different, I'm eating slow, chewing well and not drinking with meals. I'm eating the correct foods that I should be at 3 weeks post op, yet I am sick after every meal apart from yogurt/soup.
I was so starving yesterday after throwing up twice that I had a packet of Wotsits and I was able to keep them down, but I don't want to eat unhealthy foods if they are the only ones I can keep down. I feel so sad :(

Big an Bouncy

Stick with soups for another week,it takes 6 weeks to heal inside.Mash and gravy was the next thing I ate sloppy it goes down a treat then add a little cheese later on,or mash and the sauce off cod in sauce very tasty!

chrisa

Yes sound s bout right stick with easy to digest and eat foods, mash n gravy and cheese etc, ideal for this stage and keep drinking the water to give your inside time to heal, you have a lifettime to get on to ordinary foods, probably just your body saying its too early for that, too much too soon. Some foods are just to much for our system at this stage but what suits one doesn't suit another, all my meals that were pureed I made myself nothing bought or ready cooked, so i could try and pin point what could possibly be the problem, just go easy and hopefully it will just need a little break and then settle down again. xx

mrsfarm2000

I had my bypass on the same day as you. As yet I have had no sickness and seem to tolerate most foods I've tried - am still on the mashed stage until next week. I had an Options chocolate drink yesterday and felt so ill afterwards yet other folk have no problems with them. We are all different and our pouches are bound to be temperamental too.I would do as the other ladies suggest and ease up until things settle down. We sometimes forget that we've had major surgery and it will take time to heal properly on the inside.3 weeks is still early days. Good luck with your journey.

Paul-H

Hi

When I had my bypass I was told to only eat puréed food for the first 4 weeks and then mashed food for the next 4 weeks, and only go onto normal foods after 8 weeks, so it sounds to me as you are talking about chewing well that you have gone onto normal foods far too early. What does it say in your information book, I assume you have one as your surgeon is from Stremline and they did mine.

Paul

debbieb

Hope everything goes well for you , if you have read any of my posts , I too have not had it easy , and have had to undergo a second procedure to correct the same problem and I was stuck on soups and yogurts for 5 months !!!... But please DON'T let that worry you !! .. I am sure your problem will soon be sorted .
All the best ,
Debbie . X