• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i hate my bypass!

How are ya feeling today hun, if ur still feeling rough today pls call ur team there is no way u should sit there and suffer xxx

still feel pants! im goin to avoid eating today and give the hospital a ring! ive been awake since 5 again with pain ive gave up trying to sleep now! lol! thanks for being there everyone xx

hi kirsty
get back in touch with them or take yourself to a&e.
i felt the same and in the end had lot of scar tissue and my pouch had narrowed. i totally understand so pm me if you want to and ill give u my mobile no. hugs xxx

aww how awful, I know they are sometimes crap but have you given NHS direct a call, they might have some idea's and at least you will get to speak if not see a nurse or doctor.
This cant be normal and if I were in your position I would be hysterical.
We think having the op is the end to all our problems and dont consider it might bring a whole new set with it but whatever it is they can sort it out you just need to be persistant and make sure they listen to you, you CANNOT wait until MARCH for an appointment are they bloody mad.
Phone them today and expain calmly how you feel and what you are eating and drinking and what is hapoening they will know what to do and how to make it better
xxx

I just typed a long reply with lots of excellent advice if i say so myself then i pressed post quick reply and teh page went blank......... to save typing it all over again t eh bottom line was phone them again explain what you are eating and drinking what is happening how you feel and stay calm. They have to sort it out, dont let them fob you off till march.
You could always try NHS direct too as they will put you throughto a nurse or you will get to see a doctor.
Hope that you get it sorted very quick x ont feel down it will get better xx

Bloody computers it has now found my other post !!!

My consultant told me that if I found I was being constantly sick or couldnt keep anything down I should call him immediately so get on that phone girl! Hope you feel better soon x

hi just wanted to say you must insist on seeing someone. Hope you managed to get in touch with your team and get it sorted.

Best wishes

So sorry to hear that you are feeling like this, like everyone has said, this does not sound normal, and you need to be seen asap. I know it's easy for me to sy hun, but chin up.

Hope you are feeling better hun. Give them a call and insist they see you as you deserve the BEST treayment they can give. Sending hugs and hope you feel better soon xxx

Hello there

At the end of the day you deserve the best treatment regardless of it being on Nhs or private, and if you are not 100% happy you should continue to contact the hospital and if they do not wish to see you until March and your still not happy this is wot the patient liason ppl are for, try contact ur team again and tell them you cannot carry on like this and cannot IN NO CERTAIN TERMS wait until March and see where that gets you, alternatively admit yourself to A & E and then they will have no choice but too see you on your terms. please dont let this pass as u shouldnt be feeling like you are so far along after your op..............Take care in what ever decision you make.

All the best - MeJulie x x

Kirsty - i have felt like you for a long time but fortunately i haven't been sick too much. Feeling of nausea and your pouch feeling odd yes plenty of times but it is easing now 7 months down the line so i am keeping my fingers crossed i will continue to improve.

I agree with Carole your symptoms don't sound the normal everyday thing to expect with your pouch (but one person's normal is another person's discomfort!!!!) get in touch with your bariatric team and your GP and see if they can get you feeling more comfortable. Your GP can prescribe some anti-emetics to help with the nausea and sickness. And your bariatric team may need you to come in for more tests.

Having a bypass op is not the easiest thing in the world and everyone is different and that's why the best advice to listen to is that of the medical profession and yourself (as you know how you feel ultimately).

Take care of yourself sweetheart - i'm sending hugs with special fairy dust to make you feel better soon xx

thanks everyone i rang them and they will see my friday and im 2 go back on 2 fluids untill then. thanks for the help everyone xx

thank goodness that they have listened x

Kirsty go back and see them! Lay all the cards on the table and tell them everything your experiencing and exactly how you feel, I would be extremely surprised if they didnt help you!

The constantly being sick is obviously wrong, whether something is wrong mentally or physically you need to find out!

There are lots of things that could be causing the sickness and they need to fix it for you....

I know its hard but it will be worth it once you get through this hard time! Keep us posted

Mark xxx

Hi Kirsty, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope your appointment goes well on Friday. Just look after yourself and listen to your body and its true you deserve the best service from your medical team.

Take Care ... Sarah

so glad to hear they are going to see you on Friday hun as you have suffered enough and need to be enjoing the journey you are on now and all the benefits it brings. Tell them everything and don't leave a thing out and I am sure they will get you fixed in no time and you will be on the way to the new you happily. Keep us informed of how you get on hun, sending hugs and best wishes to you xxx

Back