• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a hand-holder for Tuesday 17th !!

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
I have finally got a friend lined up to accompany me into the hospital on Tues 17th. I had originally planned to go in alone, but I've been getting really nervous as the op draws nearer.

Anyway, my "fairygodmother" Erica (she hates me calling her that, but she is -- really! she has done more for me in the past 6 months than anyone in my family has in the past 6 years -- she even gave me this laptop -- without which I would not have been able to spend so much time on WLS, and so many hours researching the sleeve !!!) is going to come down from Lincoln to London King's Cross by train on Monday 16th late afternoon ..... and then we are going to schlep up to a hotel in north London (halfway between King's Cross Station and the Whittington Hospital at Archway).

Overnight on Monday 16th we will probably have lots of silly girlie chats / pillow fights and ***** about Liz Jones (the Daily Mail columnist who we both despise -- hey, it takes all sorts -- and that happens to be our common interest!) !!!

Erica is 56 and I am a month away from being 44, but I think we can both be a bit silly sometimes ..... even tho Erica is a psychiatric nurse (someone I know is gonna be able to cope and not fazed by major surgery and hospital etc).

This will also mean that my journey into the Whittington will be much quicker and shorter on the Tuesday morning (not 14 miles from Woolwich and setting off at 5.00 am -- hoorah !!!).

Have to be at the hospital at 7 am.

========================

THEN on Thursday 19th (it is 90% likely discharge will be 48 hours later on the 19th -- I have checked this with lots of other Whittington peeps) my friend Bev has booked the day off work so that she can come and pick me up and drive me home (but this had been arranged ages and ages ago -- only the hand holding on the day from Erica is new!).

Yay!!! So happy you won't be alone. Eric's sounds lovely :D xxx

Well finally got around to booking the hotel today and it looks like we will be staying here:

The Jenkins Hotel Bloomsbury Official Website

P.S. If you knew where I live you would understand why not only do I not want to inflict the nightmare of "Grotbags Mansions" on Erica .... I don't particularly want to stay there myself the night before the op !!!

(I may get around to posting a few pics of Grotbags Mansions as after my work pals had used the first 10 shots of my Instant Camera on my "before" (or rather "now") photos ..... I used the rest of it up taking snaps of Woolwich and my yukky flat.)

Attachments

• 7700073.jpg
    7700073.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 7700059.jpg
    7700059.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 3667397.jpg
    3667397.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 3667398.jpg
    3667398.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 32
Looks nice Sharon :D

Grotbags mansions!! lmao!!

I would be the same about my flat!

Talking of Grotbags, she used to perform at a place called the Night out in the 80's. My nan worked there. When I went there as a baby, Grotbags held me lots as she thought I was super cute. That's one of my claims to fame.

Hope y'all are suitable impressed! Rofl!!!

All the best today. Will be thinking of you. Hope all goes smoothly and you have a swift recovery. And welcome to the losers bench. Ax

OOoo thinking of you today Sharon :) xxx

Good luck for today

Back