• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have been excepted for gastric banding on the NHS

that is brill news well done, im new on here to , i need to lose ten stone to be acepted for ivf on the nhs. so i started my own diet of 500 kcals a day in a hope to get rid of the weight quickly. good luck wiv your opp
Wow 500 kcals a day in not much at all. If you have 10 stone to lose I would seriously recommend you don't do anything that drastic without medical supervision as it could put your body into shock

Wow 500 kcals a day in not much at all. If you have 10 stone to lose I would seriously recommend you don't do anything that drastic without medical supervision as it could put your body into shock
i would seriously second that, think about it. 500 kcals a day really is not enough.

Hi all, I am new here and just wanted people to know that i have been excepted for gastric banding..........YIPPEE.

I know it's not a quick fix and that it will take a lot of hard work and dedication from me to get rid of this weight that is holding me back, but i feel that if i am willing to put myself though surgery then i have to be dedicated enough to work with it. I would like to hear others experiances with this and the pros and cons with surgery.

i haven't got a date yet but will let you all know when i do, i haven't had my endoscopy yet either which they said i need so i will update you all on that too.

One last thing is, i want to say thanks to Taz for all the help and support she has given me over the years, you are a true friend Taz thanks. xx
Hi There,
Iam just new here so i dont know how things go.I would like to ask you a question if you dont mind.What happens when you get refered for gastric band surgery.My doctor is refering me how long does it take..any advice would be great thanks
Lex

Hi There,
Iam just new here so i dont know how things go.I would like to ask you a question if you dont mind.What happens when you get refered for gastric band surgery.My doctor is refering me how long does it take..any advice would be great thanks
Lex

Hi Lex, this thread is an old one so why don't you start a new thread and introduce yourself to everyone. Good luck on your journey and you've definitely come to the right place for advice and supportxx

It took about 2 years for Kat to get the band after the initial referral. There is no set time limit though, it all depends on the individual and when your consultant thinks you are ready. Kat had her band fitted on the 2nd July and to date has lost 3st 7lb

Back