• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know its a liong shot, but WLS Group Sheffield Meeting

yorkshirelass74

Is anyone going to the WLS group support meeting in Sheffield in November? I am going to go, but not particularly looking forward to going in to a meeting and not knowing anyone.
xxxx

I am not going to WLSG Sheffield meeting, but I will be at the London Meeting.

Just wanted to say - don't be worried. In my experience, everyone is absolutely lovely, friendly & welcoming... a couple of meets and you'll be re-assuring the new comers!

Thanks for the reassurance, i am still very nervous though!

no sorry its not that one, its at Claremont hospital, there must be more than one meeting, this one is on 20th Nov that i have had an invitation to.

Hi Sugga,
yes i got an invitation on Friday, but i think to be honest that it is put on by the provider that i went with that did my bypass, there seems to be a lot of meetings in Sheffield though doesnt there

The ones I attend you have to have an invite. There are around 20 people per meeting. AS I said, once a month got the next 6 months.

These are for people considering WLS. Liz and Narissa take you through the different operations and the different stages of eating and the long term implications. This is to give the attendees an idea and see if they would like to go on the list. Most people don't have a clue what's involved to be honest in the operations and the long term limitations on diet.

There are regular meetings as well, that anyone can attend, where they have guest speakers etc. This is more on an informal basis and is for people pre and post op. Unfortunately I don't have details of these but can try and get them if you like?

hi to everyone! i'm a newbie on here and was just reading some posts! this caught my eye talking about sheffield and I've been given some support group dates for the sheffield park hotel. the next one is 20th october then 1st december! i'm hopin to go to the december one to get a little more info! these are on wednesdays from 6 til 8pm you will need to ring a lady called liz on 01142711689 for places hope this helps xx

Back