• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Purée stage

H12

Hi all
I am starting purée stage on Sunday, l have just made up a fish pie mix, without potato, l have puréed it, but still looks too runny! What can l add to it?, l have some marvel dried skimmed milk, do you think l should add that.
Thanks. Helenx

Most of my puree two weeks I did mash and added soup and a bit of grated cheese to start then progressed to adding smooth/creamy pasta sauces. Always watching fat and carb (sugar) percentage ie per 100g. Towards the end of the two weeks I was OK with adding cottage cheese but depending on the brand some can be lumpier than others. I found M&S quite smooth, and one from local health shop called Longley Farm. The chive flavour is the mutt's in a smooth mash potato with Heinz cream of tomato soup.

I used plain 0% fat Greek yoghurt as a blending agent when I was on purees - a very effective "glue" and also a good source of protein.

Good luck tomorrow with the purée, next step :eek:

I've just battled some demons and made some broccoli & chicken soup, and you know what it's ok :D

Well l have done my 1st day of purée, and all seems to be ok, l definitely feel more full.

Back