• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i need help

Hi Iain, 9 weeks ago I was over 23 stone suffering from type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and constant gastric reflux. I had just turned 43 and i could not even walk round the supermarket without getting out of breath or feeling like my lower back was going to break.

Like you i have struggled with my weight for as long as i can remember, i tried various diets and weight loss drugs to lose weight only to put it all back on and more, my health was suffering and i didnt know what else to do. My local doctor realised my plight and applied for funding for bariatric surgery on my behalf and thankfully it was approved. I started my pre op diet on the 22nd of march 2009 and had a bypass on the 1st of april 2009 and i have not looked back.

In this short time i have already lost 5 stones in weight, i no longer need medication for diabetes, high blood pressure or gastric reflux, ive gone from hardly being able to walk to being able to do an hours brisk walking on the treadmill as well as toning up using weights. i feel i have been given a new lease on life because despite having two young daughters aged 2 and 4 i had given up on myself.

Initially i was worried about having surgery but reading the success stories on this site as well as the support given by its members gave me the determination and courage to go through with it.

Whichever course you decide to take weather it be band or bypass i hope these few words help you in some way.

John.

:welcome:iain just wanted to say hi and wish you all the best at gp's next week,look forward to hearing how you get on

Hi Iain
Welcome to minis. I'm a fellow scot living in East Kilbride. Like you i can't really remember a time i have'nt been fat and wonder what life will be like as a "thin" person. That said i can't wait to find out. I am your classic grazer and sweet addict so after a lot of thinking and research have opted for the bypass. A few years back my GP refered me through NHS and i went through the process for over a year but opted out. Looking back i was'nt ready at that point in my life. I'm fortunate to be able to go private this time and am having surgery in Manchester on 7th Aug. The location was put to me through Landauer Cosmetic surgery and the more i researched Mr Ammori the more i knew it was worth the travel. I really hope you get on well at doc apt and he can help you on your weight loss journey. I'm fairly new to this site too but i am so grateful to have found such great people to advise me as a "pre op". So rest assured you have joined a great bunch xx

all the best for tues,,,, let us all know how it go,s iain
regards rambo

Back