• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a man - Surgery schedule for 8th Jan

Hope all went well wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Thanks guys!

I'm writing this on my first recovery night, 5 hours post surgery.
Everything went really smoothly, Mr Super said he could tell I had followed the diet properly as the operation was "very straightforward and easy".

Woke up feeling super groggy but with a feeling of elation that I'd finally done it. One of the ports was sorer then the others, so that was a bit disconcerting, and I was struck by a need (and inability) to burp. They say this is normal.

Sleep was restless because of a dry mouth/sleep apnoea, and urinating felt like a weird game of chicken, where i squeezed muscles until i found the ones that hurt! but I'm feeling very relaxed about it, especially now I don't have to go to work next week!

Staff have been lovely, my only criticism is that I was called for 12, but didn't go to theatre til 7.30. But hey Ho, part one is over now. Leet the mars bar smoothies commence ;)

Any advice you folks can offer for the next few days?

Well done! My advice is to walk about as much as you can to clear the wind and keep sipping drinks.

Congrats glad all went well. Best thing to do is walk walk walk burp burp burp and sip sip sip! Oh and occasionally take pain medicine lol. Good luck keep us posted

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

well done glad it went well , hope you have speedy recovery :)

Hi folks

Day 2 after my operation. Still in some pain from my cuts/pain in my shoulder, but gradually improving.

One thing that does concern me is that I feel quite bloated, even from just small amounts of liquid. Today I've struggled to finish a slim fast shake and a muller light. I have a constant feeling of wanting to burp, but I'm scared to because my tummy is sore, and I'm worried about moving the band.

Is any of this normal?

Don't be afraid to pass the gas either orally our from below the more you pass the better you will feel. I promise you it won't hurry add bad as you think. It really don't hurt at all it really feels good. Holds a pillow over your stomach and then try to burp. Walking helps relive that also do walk around you're house. You will be surprised as too how much gas will come out and the bloating is from the gas they put inside you during surgery walking helps to relieve that.

Hi muffinkakes. I'm afraid I just feel incapable of burping. It might be a psychological thing,but it definitely hurts. I'm also struggling to drink enough water, I feel very dehydrated.

I understand exactly what you mean. When i was having those spasms i could not drink and i did get dehydrated. It's so easy to do. Call your doctor and chart exactly what you consumed. Broth popsicles jello all counts as liquids so try one or all of those along with drinking fluids. Sugar free popsicles are the best and can have as many as you like.

As far add burping goes. Hold a pillow close to stomach like hugging it. That really works!

Can't do the pillow thing, in too much pain to force myself to burp.

On that note, I seem to vacillate between feeling completely bloated, and my stomach roaring and gurgling. Is this normal? Does it settle down?

In terrible pain in my left shoulder, to the point I can't move sometimes. How long does it take to dissipate, typically?

Can't do the pillow thing, in too much pain to force myself to burp.

On that note, I seem to vacillate between feeling completely bloated, and my stomach roaring and gurgling. Is this normal? Does it settle down?

In terrible pain in my left shoulder, to the point I can't move sometimes. How long does it take to dissipate, typically?

OMG thought it was just me with the roaring in the tummy Thought it was me starving. Sorry if its not good news i am 4 weeks post op today

The shoulder poison is gas please get up and walk even if you're in pain t the rumbling is had moving and hunger i think mixed together but i believe its mostly gas. Take a deep breath, I promise you it won't hurt! It actually going to feel great. Never felt so relieved when I passed gas and burped. Take some gas x its safe to use i used it post op. That also will help with shoulder pain. I wish you luck, hope this sends done encouragement.

The pain has gone now, and i've lost 16lbs.

I'm now 1.5 weeks in, and I'm very concerned that my hunger levels are climbing, and my all liquid diet is going down immediately, no delays or feelings of being full. Whats going on?

The pain has gone now, and i've lost 16lbs.

I'm now 1.5 weeks in, and I'm very concerned that my hunger levels are climbing, and my all liquid diet is going down immediately, no delays or feelings of being full. Whats going on?

Hi mate, ur hunger levels will increase as u recover! Natural healing process! Ur feeling full will take time, I'm about to have my 3 rd fill and still hungry between meals, give it time, when hungry have a drink as sometimes it's because ur thirsty and not hunger! I'm hoping the next fill or 2, I will get to the point where the scales move more and that the hunger ceases! Good luck! Paul

Back