• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appt - 8th April Dolan Park - CANCELLED!! :-(

Skip

Firstly, I made a mistake my appointment is with Mr Super not the Mr Sigurdson (however you spell it). I had my first appointment with Mr Sigurdson.

Well my appointment has been scheduled for 8th april for about 3 months, and I get a call today saying that they have re-scheduled my appointment! :-(

Does anyone know where I stand on this, as I have had this booked for months, I have sorted my work schedule round the op, I have sorted out baby sitting for my son for a few days and I was having it done on Thursday 8th April, and Friday and Monday are bank holidays so I would not really need to take much time off work etc.

What can I do, I feel like this is really unfair, but I dont know where I stand

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Skip xx

Oh my god how awful for you. Have you explained all of your concerns to them? I thought cancellations only happened in NHS. Sorry to be of little use. Lv Jenni x

Ahhh thank you for your message, I have left a message with the area manager, (who was very nice when I met her)... I was just feeling really down about it, thank you for your support :)

Hi Skip,

What a pain! Did they offer you any other dates instead? Hope the area manager can help.

You should call and ask why its been changed and explain how many problems this has caused you....it seems rather unfair, keep us updated...and take care of yourself xx

If it were me, I would tell them that if you can't have your chosen date you will have to cancel and have your money back...

They won't want to lose your money - and I'm sure the last thing you really want to do is cancel - but if you have gone to all the trouble of reorganising everything it seems a bit unfair of them to do this to you.

hope you get it sorted xx

skip are you going private or is it on the NHS you do not say, if private then i would call and do as others have suggested. If NHS not a lot i can say that will help, would it be possible to change your holiday time with work or do they not know that you are having the operation? Again it would still be a good idea to explain to the hospital the problems cancelling the date is causing you.

Hi Skip,
Sorry to hear they have cancelled on you, Like others say, I would tell them your situation about organising everything for this time off, Hopefully they will sort it out for you.
Good luck (((Hugs))) x

Hi

Thank you for your message, I phoned the area manager today and she was great! Judith offered me Sunday 9th April (1 day later), with another surgeon - which was a good solution, but I have now sorted everything to fit in for the 4th April (Work, my Son, friend etc), so I am now focused and feeling much more positive! I was just annoyed yesterday with the way I was spoken to and it felt like the woman who told me (Sally) really didn’t care and she didn’t try and offer me any solutions etc.
Anyway, all sorted now, I am going to have my op on 4th April and I am going back to work on 15th April so I think that will be enough time off! J

Anyway, thank you for all your concern and I will keep you posted.

Speak soon
xxx Skip xxx

Hi Skip,

What a pain! Did they offer you any other dates instead? Hope the area manager can help.

Hi

Thank you for your message, I phoned the area manager today and she was great! Judith offered me Sunday 9th April (1 day later), with another surgeon - which was a good solution, but I have now sorted everything to fit in for the 4th April (Work, my Son, friend etc), so I am now focused and feeling much more positive! I was just annoyed yesterday with the way I was spoken to and it felt like the woman who told me (Sally) really didn’t care and she didn’t try and offer me any solutions etc.
Anyway, all sorted now, I am going to have my op on 4th April and I am going back to work on 15th April so I think that will be enough time off! J

Speak soon
xxx Skip xxx
Hi Skip,
Sorry to hear they have cancelled on you, Like others say, I would tell them your situation about organising everything for this time off, Hopefully they will sort it out for you.
Good luck (((Hugs))) x

Hi

Thank you for your message, I am having my OP privately.

I phoned the area manager today and she was great! Judith offered me Sunday 9th April (1 day later), with another surgeon - which was a good solution, but I have now sorted everything to fit in for the 4th April (Work, my Son, friend etc), so I am now focused and feeling much more positive!

I was just annoyed yesterday with the way I was spoken to and it felt like the woman who told me (Sally) really didn’t care and she didn’t try and offer me any solutions etc.

Speak soon
xxx Skip xxx

skip are you going private or is it on the NHS you do not say, if private then i would call and do as others have suggested. If NHS not a lot i can say that will help, would it be possible to change your holiday time with work or do they not know that you are having the operation? Again it would still be a good idea to explain to the hospital the problems cancelling the date is causing you.

Hi

Speak soon
xxx Skip xxx

If it were me, I would tell them that if you can't have your chosen date you will have to cancel and have your money back...

They won't want to lose your money - and I'm sure the last thing you really want to do is cancel - but if you have gone to all the trouble of reorganising everything it seems a bit unfair of them to do this to you.

hope you get it sorted xx

Hi

Speak soon
xxx Skip xxx

Oh my god how awful for you. Have you explained all of your concerns to them? I thought cancellations only happened in NHS. Sorry to be of little use. Lv Jenni x

Back