• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im baaaack.. ive brought friend.. her names annorexia!

Kirsty, this is just awful and really unfair for you.

But like Dell said admitting you have the problem is half the battle - this doesn't make the other half of the battle any easier unfortunately.

I think you should look at the fact that you overcame one eating disorder, so you're well equipped to overcome another.

Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

Poppy x

Get your GP to refer you for some psychotherapy as a matter of urgency. CBT would work for you too. Dont fight hunger - if you need to eat then eat. I feel for you - never ever thought someone with obesity issues could come full circle and end up with anorexia. Anorexia is about lack of control in your life and taking control over food and what you eat as a substitute for things you cannot change. Look at whats going on around you thats making you feel out of control other than food and see if any of thats solvable. good luck

Hey hun....

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much.

I can understand to a point as my gf is anorexic, and suffers really badly from all the medical problems that go along with it ...

I wish i could offer great and sage advice but i fail at that really...

But my thoughts are with you ~hugs~

thank you everyone. ive had cbt for agoraphobia which i had because i was so fat! ive been through alot but i stay positive in the fact i have 'came through' it, so far it has not beat me! I have to attend an eating disorder clinic at the hospital once a month so maybe it will help me understand fully. so far they assume my control over the food is because of the trauma of my op - i disagree - i think its linked to the self hate & feelings of inadequacy i had at my biggest. for me food made me feel them things - i never want to feel like that again! i see food as bad now. i need to overcome this and ill be able to move on. xx

Back