• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm eating again and have put on 3 stone. Help needed

Tyraboots

Had my surgery in Jan 2010. Lost 9 stone, and now I am power eating like there is no tomorrow. When I think about how hard it was for me to get this surgery, I cannot believe this self sabotage. I am crawling back to obesity.
Have any of you out there struggled with this?

Have I stretched my stomach back to its original size?

Please help me.

Should add, that I also dump and get really ill, yet still eat through that. Total addict.

hi tyraboots,
could you contact the dietician at l&d and ask for advice or like preetypee said, why not try the milk diet for a couple of weeks? i know it's tough, but it might be worth it!
p.s why do you think you are eating too much. is it over eating or snacking etc?

would you consider doing some cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to address why you are self sabotaging. I went through CBT a couple of years ago because of my binge eating - was def worth it.

Well done you for admitting this is taken a hold before it totally gets out of hand. Speak to your dietician and maybe consider Tinks advice which seems to be a good way forward for you.

Good luck in turning this around. x

May be you need to see someone to help you realise why you are self sabotaging like that, Cognitive Therapy would help you look at the reasons and help you. At least you have been honest with yourself and admitted you have a problem, you just need to find a way forward that will help you hon. Good Luck xx

I can highly reccommend some cognitive behavioural therapy to help you get to grips with why you're overeating. I had it before my op and didn't really think it would help but I'm finding that I'm using the techniques everyday now.

For me, a lot of it stemmed from not thinking I was good enough to have a nice body and also wanting to sheild myself from attention by covering myself in fat.

I agree with everyone cbt is a possible treatment to address your problem before you get to where you started, I think you have been very brave for being so open and honest on here. I agree with yorkiegal about hiding in a layer of fat.....I was almost Anorexic (size wise not my mental state) when i was at school, I was forever getting into fights as i was an easy target for the bigger girls, I'm really short to so defo easy pickings....When i started gaining weight i also began getting respect and that led to a liking of being bigger, then i became even bigger and all of a suddan at age 29 i'm huge yet dont get picked on anymore, i can honestly say that i loved the fat me simply for the scare factor that no one could hurt me anymore..... Its one of the things i worry about when i eventually lose this extra person...am i going to be a target for nasty adult bullies! I wish you all the best and really hope that you can get back on track and keep going xxxx

Tyra, get yourself up the docs and ask for some counselling... It's obvious there are things going on in your head that you are struggling with and could be you are not even aware of them.....

You have done marvellously well in your weight loss and i commend you for it. However i have to say i admire you even more for your honesty with us right now and sharing your story. It couldn't have been an easy post to do....

Speak with your team also, maybe have a word with the dietician. However i do think CBT or counselling is the way forward, if you are eating even though it's making you dump/sick...

Really feeling your pain hun and if you want to chat anytime message me on here or join me on facebook [email protected] xx

Hey Tyra
Just wondering are you taking all your supliments?, its just that if i dont take mine then after a couple days I start to graze and can eat as much as i like.
Also fluids try and up ypur fluids it works for me.
Don't beat yourself up about it xxx

what a very honest and brave post Tyra. Thanks for sharing.

I'm rubbish with advice - but perhaps join us on the June challenge and try to commit to at least maintaining this month. And definitely some counselling/input from your team sounds like it is needed.

Hi hun, must be hard for you, but please dont go back to the size you where, i wish i could of controlled my eating and not got into this mess, food rules my life, when i wake in the morning i think what im going to eat through the day and going out for a meal makes me so happy, that all got to change soon when have my bypass. As others said, phone the hosp dietician and see what he or she advises. How much do you eat now, have you gone back to how you where??????? Hope your okay xxx

(((HUGS))) I would definitely ask for some counseling and also I would highly recommend the 5 day pouch test. It helps get back on track but won't help with self sabotage.

Hi hun. Well done for asking for help and posting about this. I agree with the advice that has already been given. Back to basics for a few days (liquids) sounds like a good idea and def talk to either your team (can they get you a dietician appointment) or your GP!

We are right here with you all the way xx

OMG you sound just like me!!!!!!!!! I have only gained a few pounds back but I do exactly what you do - I spend my daysdumping and I just dont care!!!!!!!I have spent the past few monhs trying to get back on track but sadly to no avail. Going to try the 5 day pouch test tomorrow and see if I can claw back the right mental attitude -I invite you to join me and we can try to support each other through this horrid time in our lives. Good luck and I will be thinking of you xxx

Back