• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm feeling great today (just thought I'd let you know)

VikiB

I thought since my other thread is all about me moaning and feeling sorry for myself I would tell everyone that I am feeling much better now. I have had a few really good days foodwise...with no nausea or sickness. I'm learning quickly how to be friends with my pouch:) I have been out in the world the last few days instead of drowning in sorrow inside and listening to music and singing (badly lol) and dancing (even more badly lol) but feeling in a groovy sort of mood :) Went to a shop I used to work in before I got so ill and a woman who used to be my supervisor said I was looking gorgeous and should be proud of myself...said she had to do a double-take to recognise me!!! Result!!! I'm looked in the mirror and saw this beautiful woman staring back at me, the sad eyes are going away and a smile is replacing the constant frown that used to be glued to that face. I looked at pretty clothes in a normal store and for once they had my current size. I didn't buy anything of course because I'm too cheap to pay £20 for a pair of jeans that won't fit me next month lol. Life is good, things could be so much worse, summer is coming, I'm getting smaller and have more energy and for the first time in a long time I am making plans to do things. I'm not even bothered if I have to do them alone (without my husband who will soon be just a memory) I'm sure I have friends who will join me in fun things or I'm absolutely sure the things I want to do will feel amazing if I just do them...alone or not. Anyway just thought something happy from me might be appealing so there you have it...having a great time at the moment:) Hope it continues.
Hope you all had a lovely day.
lots of love

Glad ur feeling happier hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've been out everyday since Wednesday. Had some great retail therapy, chats with friends, time with daughter and got my nails done:) Feeling pretty good right now. Haven't been sick or nauseous all week (big plus...am learning how to live with my pouch yah!). Have found a new recipe for chili prawns that I love love love and my pouch does as well...high protein as well so ticks all the boxes. Tried salad last night which went down a treat though my rats would starve on the amount I ate lol:) Still losing roughly a pound every other day:) Ohhh and I bought a new top and some normal size leggings (which are too BIG!!! lol). Hope you all are happy and well
love to all always

Wot a lovely post great stuff Hun I'm so glad it's all goin well for u n u feel much better :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've been out everyday since Wednesday. Had some great retail therapy, chats with friends, time with daughter and got my nails done:) Feeling pretty good right now. Haven't been sick or nauseous all week (big plus...am learning how to live with my pouch yah!). Have found a new recipe for chili prawns that I love love love and my pouch does as well...high protein as well so ticks all the boxes. Tried salad last night which went down a treat though my rats would starve on the amount I ate lol:) Still losing roughly a pound every other day:) Ohhh and I bought a new top and some normal size leggings (which are too BIG!!! lol). Hope you all are happy and well
love to all always
Hi glad everything is going well for you, can you share the chilli prawns recipes with me, ta Hx

What a brilliantly positive post.

I read this with a big smile on my face. You really have been through so much and it is so lovely to hear things are on the up for you.

You have really made my day reading your post today hun

You have done so very well, congratulations

You won't recognise yourself by the summer

Big hugs XXX

You've done well & should be proud. I am inspired, thx for sharing this with me.
Just 1 week post op & doing fine. Look forward to when I can start cooking real food. If you get time please post the chilli prawn recipe. Sounds delicious.
X xx

So pleased to see your pouch and you are settling down together at last !!
I found getting out made the whole world feel much better and gave me a good feelng to be back in the real world again.
Keep smiling hun xxxxxxxx

Hiya everyone,
here is the chili prawn recipe. Please note since the op I like my food really spicy hot so if you don't like it as hot de-seed your chili and/or use less. Also I don't use oil or fat of any kind in this recipe. I either dry fry or add a tiny amount of water. That said here you are.

Spicy Chili Prawns​
5 or 6 large raw tiger prawns (shelled and deveined)
1 small red chili (sliced thin)
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon grated or chopped garlic clove
1 tbsp lightly salted soy sauce
4 or 5 mangetout or sugar snap beans (cut into small pieces)
4 or 5 baby corn (cut into smaller pieces)
3 mushrooms (cut into thin slices)
Dry fry with 2 tbsp water all veg and ginger, garlic and chili for 10 minutes or until veg is tender but still a bit crunchy. Add prawns and continue cooking until they are bright pink through.
This will serve 2 people.
Nutritional values per serving
Calories 50
Fat 0.45g
Saturated 0.1g
Carbohydrates 3.9g
Sugars 1.1g
Protein 7.7g

This dish is lovely. I hope you enjoy it.
Hope everyone had a good day.
lots of love

thanks for all the encouragement...:)

Thx for recipe. Sound delicious. Will look forward to trying it when I get over all my post op stages & hopefully eating in a more normal fashion but just pixie portions.

Well done viki
like you I have lost that much weight I have gone from size 32 to size 24 and will be trying smaller clothes sizes later today 6th Mar to see what size I can buy off ebay to save money for something special to wear for my wedding vow renewal in Aug.mind you hopefully by then I will be even smaller as I will be looking at sizes 24/20 today.

Hey guys just had my clips out, no probs, didn't scream once. Lost 6.6lbs yippeeeeee!
Still experience indigestion-type wind. Not so much painful but just uncomfortable.
Struggling to even sip water. Hope it subsides soon. Hospital were not very helpful yesterday but may phone again later in week if it doesn't ease.
Hope all of you are having a good day.
Xxxx

Hi viki im new to this site and have been reading everyone amazing stories im waiting for my surgery and been on dr hassanis list for a yr now and was wondering how long you had to wait. star did say 2yrs but a few ppl from my area (orpington) had it done sooner im impatient I know but feel like my lifes on hold till I get a date xxxx

aaawww honey your first post made me smile so much its great that your feeling so good honey especially after feeling how you have for so long bless your heart im so happy for you and i agree you look so beautifull keep the lovely smile on your face chick and take care
Loads and loads of love

thanks I have been trying really hard to just get back to being the me I used to be. I deserve to be happy and I intend to whether that fits with others plans or not. I'm fed up with being sad. I've spent the last two years crying and disappearing slowly in front of my eyes. None of my friends or family recognise the person I have become and I'm sick of it. I used to be funny and strong and took no crap and I miss me. I'm glad I've made you smile and feel good...I'm smiling too...finally!!
love to all

Sounds Like you have really turned
A corner nd I for 1 am so proud of you nd so happy for you loads of
Love gorgeous xxx

Back