• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This woman surely has an agenda??

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
http://arkansasunshine.tripod.com/testimony/testimony.html

She said her bypass was in 1984 I think. Now wasn't it stomach stapling back then?? Which as far as I know is a horse of a totally different colour.

Her research on the bypass wrecking lives seems guess work at best in places.

Is this site just to advertise her nutritionist? Or am I being suspicious? Lol

I think its utter clap trap, the bypass is what you make of it, and she sounds like she has manipulated every awful post bypass story on the net, the quoted mortality rates are estimates and there's not a shred of evidence! Think its just an advertisement for her nutritionist work xx

Tosh!She had makeup on in her well photos and her hair done.We are all responsible for our own health and nutrition after surgery.The doctors have done their job we have to do ours.

Glad its not just me. No one ever said Atkins was the way to go after a bypass. She is annoying lol

There are horror stories everywhere on the web with absolutely no proof that they are 100% accurate so I avoid reading them now. :) I did all my research pre op & did not find anything to make me change my mind about what was best for me. There are no guarantees anywhere in life so we have to make informed decisions & trust the professionals knowledge. These ops are not meant to be a cure all, but a tool to help us do what we had failed to do all our lives. I for one am making it work for me but if there comes a time when it stops, I will still be glad I did it. Bloody scaremonger ... hope not 1 person has been put off by her obvious promotion of her nutritionist :( xxx

Realistically some people will have negative experiences. However, my aunt has a friend who had it donkeys years ago and she is still well and has not regained :) so it works if you make it work I think. Obviously there is the 1% it doesn't work for, and fair play to them if they're disappointed.

There seems to be a whole load of stuff on the net dissing WLS if you have a look..........i found this womans blog yesterday and it's nothing but!

While reading it i thought she sounded like one of those awful ex smokers who can't stop harping on about it

suethsayings

Oh and i can easily beat her looking 5 years older after an operation.........on a good night out (pre op of course) i can look ten years older after 12 hours :p

I found the stupid woman looking for long term post op diet bypass options. Anoyed me that my positive search lead me to her crap.

Personal responsibility is a big chunk of the battle for what makes WLS work.

lmao @ Angee...I can add the same years on a good night out also lol

I will do. I want healthy, low carb, tasty post op options. I will do a better search in a bizzle :D

hope you find something more positive fuffs, i am not against americans but boy they do post some rubbish and they love to harp on and on about how there way is the only way, not all of them so if your american i may not mean you. oh i will stop there befor i dig myself deeper.
there are some good posts on you tube about nutrition and diet fuffs.xxxx

Your post gave me a good giggle Lynda :) Its true though - those Americans who are prone to silliness are extra special :)

lol!!! I am getting so many giggles from this forum recently lol

And I have just gone onto youtube. Must have read your post before I read it lol

I will do. I want healthy, low carb, tasty post op options. I will do a better search in a bizzle :D

This blogger's site was recommended to me some months ago altho I have not perused it much yet as (1) i am still pre-op and (2) i am the world's worst chef (and being single regular user of microwave meals for one etc -- please don't feel the need to slap me, I can do that myself) .... however this may have to improve post surgery.

Eggface posts *lots* of tasty post bariatric surgery recipes:

theworldaccordingtoeggface

Thank you very much Sharon!!! Thats the site I found and lost the link to a few days ago :D I am happy now :D xxx

Sharon, if you're not a fan of cooking, try getting a slow cooker - it makes light work of most cooking and is probably the easiest way to get into it :)

Crazy woman - also interesting between US and UK services... I have not seen anyone on this site that has not been told to take vit and minerals post op - perhaps as they have to pay in the US then they are not as strict as us and hence will see more malnutrition - still think she is one Crazy Lady - who looks older, as we all look older when we have lost the weight for a few reasons 1. We generally are older and 2. When you let a balloon down it does tend to wrinkle!
x

I also think that wls was even less well understood 30 odd years ago.

Plus the stupid woman is 20 odd to 30 years older anyway. She should have aged anyway lol

Back